Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More Sketchup questions

Ok, so I found some time to try to get over the hump with Sketchup, and I
brought up the video that Karl posted a few weeks back:

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...rawing-process

and tried my best to follow along (with lots of pauses and rewinds along the
way). All was going well until I reached the point where he was creating the
lower shelf support by copying two of the upper rails to a lower position, then
using "push/pull" to change their widths (this is right at 3:20 in the video).
At that point Sketchup refused to perform the push/pull operation (the tool
shows a circle with a slash through it), and in fact I cannot "push/pull" *any*
existing surface in the drawing, apparently something to do with the fact that
everything is a component. I can create a new surface (a rectangle, for
example), then push/pull that into a 3D object, and I can continue to stretch
any of its surfaces up to the point where I make it a component, then it's
no-go. What gives? If I create a completely new drawing, push/pull a
rectangle and make the 3D result a component, I can continue to use push/pull
to stretch or shrink any of its surfaces, but in the fern stand document I
cannot, even after saving it, exiting and re-entering Sketchup, etc. Thoughts?

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Second SketchUp Bill Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 October 9th 09 12:08 AM
First SketchUp Bill Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 October 7th 09 03:47 PM
Sketchup 7 Leon Woodworking 80 March 2nd 09 02:51 PM
If you use Sketchup Paul Franklin Woodworking 4 January 17th 09 03:22 AM
SketchUp Morris Dovey Woodworking Plans and Photos 9 January 1st 09 04:34 PM