Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Happy New Year to all

that's it - healthy, happy and prosperous New Year to all!

Vic

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Vic Baron" wrote in news:QBa%m.292774$mn3.90127@en-
nntp-03.dc1.easynews.com:

that's it - healthy, happy and prosperous New Year to all!

Vic

And from me to you all too!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 31, 6:38*pm, "Vic Baron" wrote:
that's it - healthy, happy and prosperous New Year to all!

Vic

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

Same same to all all. Safe and prosperous 2010 and beyond to you and
yours.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Vic Baron wrote:

that's it - healthy, happy and prosperous New Year to all!

Vic

... and from here also. May 2010 bring happiness and prosperity.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 31, 6:38*pm, "Vic Baron" wrote:
that's it - healthy, happy and prosperous New Year to all!

Vic

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

Happy New Year to you as well.

So, the big question is do we say twenty ten OR two thousand and ten??

Posted to rec.woodworking

Happy New Year to you as well.

So, the big question is do we say twenty ten OR two thousand and ten??

Either, except leave the "and." It's grammatically and numerically
incorrect.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:30:01 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita
scrawled the following:

Vic Baron wrote:

that's it - healthy, happy and prosperous New Year to all!

Vic

... and from here also. May 2010 bring happiness and prosperity.

Dittoes from SoOr. Nappy Hoo Year, watch for drunks if you're out.

--
Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
Gee, ain't religion GREAT?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 21:39:39 -0600, the infamous -MIKE-
scrawled the following:

Happy New Year to you as well.

So, the big question is do we say twenty ten OR two thousand and ten??

Either, except leave the "and." It's grammatically and numerically
incorrect.

Just Say: Oh Ten.
Reason: jus'cuz.

--
Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
Gee, ain't religion GREAT?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/31/2009 5:38 PM, Vic Baron wrote:
that's it - healthy, happy and prosperous New Year to all!

I couldn't say it better. Have a great 2010!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 10:05:13 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone
scrawled the following:

In article , Vic
Baron wrote:

that's it - healthy, happy and prosperous New Year to all!

At least two out of three!

Happy and healthy, right? Ditto here.

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

C'mon down. I'll take you out to fine dining at Taco Bell and show
you how to use the 3 Shells.

--
Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
Gee, ain't religion GREAT?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 12:44:30 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone
scrawled the following:

Baron wrote:

that's it - healthy, happy and prosperous New Year to all!

At least two out of three!

Happy and healthy, right? Ditto here.

I'd hit that.

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

C'mon down. I'll take you out to fine dining at Taco Bell and show
you how to use the 3 Shells.

Just make sure you have enough powdered toast!

And gasoline for that smokin' Olds 442. Where'd THAT come from way
forward then?

--
Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
Gee, ain't religion GREAT?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Balderstone" wrote:

1957 Johnson Seahorse 35 HP outboard. Brian cracks open the gas tank
and starts laughing his ass off.

Had a 5HP one that was all sleeve brgs.

Mix gas/oil around 25:1, not 50:1 for today's engines and you will be
a happy camper.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 22:09:49 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone
scrawled the following:

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

And gasoline for that smokin' Olds 442. Where'd THAT come from way
forward then?

Cupla years back I drove to the homestead to get grampa's boat. Dad had
it shrink wrapped for me, after grampa died. It's a 14 foot moulded
hull money sink, but it was his, and now its mine. Nothing else
matters.

Brother Brian (the useful one of three... high steel and stainless
welder, knowns his ****) is there to check things out before I haul off
home on a 9 hour drive. Turns out the wheel bearings on the trailer are
shot, not unexpected. He has the welding truck and there's a bit of
repair that's worth doing. Gets done.

So. anyway.

1957 Johnson Seahorse 35 HP outboard. Brian cracks open the gas tank
and starts laughing his ass off.

Welding + gasoline fumes finally got him, did they?

Oh.
I have a 5 gallon tank of leaded gas. 25 years, it's been sitting, and
likely as good as the day it was refined.

Except in a 2-stroke weed eater, I've never had a problem with year or
5 old gas. You?

Even better? It's "purple gas". Gramps was a farmer and bought the dyed
stuff tax free.

Cool! That Olds surely had leaded gas in it, too.

Question: Do you feel that the removal of lead from our ecosystem has
resulted in a smarter and more savvy civilization?

I don't, either. If anything, society seems to be dumbing down.

As of yesterday, all contractors in the USA have to test (and control)
all paint for lead for areas over 6 square feet. It's going to cost
me $25 (min) to test granny's barn paint for lead, so estimates are
going to start costing people.

Lead paint was banned for sale in the US 32 years ago.

Do you feel safer yet?

--
Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness.
--Thomas Paine
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

.... snip
I have a 5 gallon tank of leaded gas. 25 years, it's been sitting, and
likely as good as the day it was refined.

Except in a 2-stroke weed eater, I've never had a problem with year or
5 old gas. You?

Don't know about others, but if I leave gas in my lawn mower carb for even
a couple of weeks, it's a major effort getting it started the next time.
Shut off the gas and let it run itself out, no problem, a couple of pulls
and it takes off. Gas over 6 months old also seems to have the same effect.
In our area, we have to have one of those cafe blends during parts of the
year, I suspect that may have something to do with it.

.... snip
As of yesterday, all contractors in the USA have to test (and control)
all paint for lead for areas over 6 square feet. It's going to cost
me $25 (min) to test granny's barn paint for lead, so estimates are
going to start costing people.

So, what happens if the test comes back positive for lead?

Lead paint was banned for sale in the US 32 years ago.

Do you feel safer yet?

Oh yeah, just loads safer. /sarcasm

--
Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness.
--Thomas Paine

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 31 2009, 8:55*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 21:39:39 -0600, the infamous -MIKE-
scrawled the following:

Happy New Year to you as well.

So, the big question is do we say twenty ten OR two thousand and ten??

Either, except leave the "and." *It's grammatically and numerically
incorrect.

Just Say: Oh Ten. *
Reason: jus'cuz.

--
* Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
* * * * * Gee, ain't religion GREAT?

I say we use: 2 - naught - one - naught cuz it's the Minwax way of
doing things! LOL!

Jums

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 11:01:51 -0800 (PST), the infamous Jimmy Mac
scrawled the following:

wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 21:39:39 -0600, the infamous -MIKE-
scrawled the following:

Happy New Year to you as well.

So, the big question is do we say twenty ten OR two thousand and ten??

Either, except leave the "and." *It's grammatically and numerically
incorrect.

Just Say: Oh Ten. *
Reason: jus'cuz.

--
* Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
* * * * * Gee, ain't religion GREAT?

I say we use: 2 - naught - one - naught cuz it's the Minwax way of
doing things! LOL!

Repent, thinner, and stain no more!

--
Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness.
--Thomas Paine
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 2, 9:36*pm, Larry Jaques wrote:
[snipped for brevity]

And I thought we were nuts up here in Kanuckistan.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Except in a 2-stroke weed eater, I've never had a problem with year or
5 old gas. You?

Nope. But then that was then. Now is now. Thanks to all of the folks that
spend their days thinking of how to protect us from everything, we now have
oxygenated fuels and ethanol fuels. New problems now. Fuels today have an
affinity for water and very quickly become very acidic. Now we get to deal
with new problems such as carb seals disintegrating, etc. The crap they
foist on us just brings more and more new problems. I don't even bother to
keep 5 gallon cans of fuel on hand anymore, if I can't plan on using the
over the period of a couple of months. And to think - there were times when
the gas tank in my '45 Allis Chalmers WC might have gone a year without
having been re-fueled - with no problems.

--

-Mike-

Happy New Year Kurt Ullman Home Repair 1 December 31st 08 05:45 PM
hi,happy new year! kjldf Home Repair 0 January 7th 08 04:59 PM
:) Happy New Year :) [email protected] Home Repair 1 December 26th 07 10:55 PM
happy new year raden UK diy 13 January 1st 07 08:30 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR & THANK YOU !! Ron A Woodworking 4 January 1st 04 06:58 AM