Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Paring Chisels...

Hi All,

I keep hearing about using a "paring chisel" on a TV show, that
seems to be sharper than a scapel, able to shave end grain by the
foot, etc. Never used with a mallet, just hand pressure. Is this
just a chisel with a 25 degree bevel???

I have two sets, one from Lee Valley that I have at 25 degrees. I
have another set that I'm thinking of grinding at 30-35 degrees for
removing mortices and other heavier work. Then keeping the Lee Valley
ones for "paring work"? Is this the way to go??? Or do I need to go
looking for a specific "paring chisel"???

Any help will be appreciated.....

MHG Chisels Robert Peters Woodworking 0 March 31st 07 06:33 PM
Old Chisels SteveB Woodworking 0 September 16th 05 05:23 PM
chisels gregj Woodworking 66 August 9th 05 08:18 PM
Chisels George E. Cawthon Woodworking 20 January 30th 05 08:16 PM
Looking for better chisels... David F. Eisan Woodworking 20 November 23rd 04 05:19 PM