Posted to rec.woodworking
rich rich is offline

Default Paring Chisels...

Mortising chisels are beefy bastids. Paring chises are much lighter in
weight and shape. *Firmer chisels are firmer. snicker *

Thanks for the clarification! I have only used a 25 degree bevel, and
those get used for mortices, dovetails, and whatever else I feel
like. Wooden mallet applied as needed.

I think I will sharpen the secondary set at 35 degrees plus today,
or whatever the guide will allow. I suspect I have been "mis-using"
my chisels since I started woodworking. Like using a diamond scribe
for a center punch in metal working.

Also time to review the books on basic woodworking I thought I
didn't need any longer.

Santa is bringing a lathe from Grizzley, so I'll have to learn
about that next.