Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Merry Christmas all you wRECkers!! and a sawdusty 2010

Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!

And the same to you and yours - and to all from Carol and I!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 24, 11:27*pm, Robatoy wrote:
Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!

Merry Winter Solstice to you and yours!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!

Ahh ... a thread with "Merry Christmas" in the subject that is indeed that.

Thank you!

Cooked the big Christmas gumbo last night (it was cold enough to keep
safely on the back porch all night) and have it, and the dirty rice
dressing in the dutch oven, on the stove as we speak.

All the other little heads are tucked in their beds, and the house
smells like Christmas ...!!

ALL of you wReckers, and your's, have a very Merry Christmas! Stay warm
and be safe ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!

Thank you Sir! And may those wishes go toward you also. Merry Christmas!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!

Back at everybody and may your egg be nogged.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Robatoy wrote in news:counterfitter-
:

Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!

Thanks, and back to you all!!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

ALL of you wReckers, and your's, have a very Merry Christmas! Stay warm
and be safe ...
--

I will take that to heart.

I got some kinda high tech, thermal long underwear from Santa this year. I
put it on immediately cuz it is frozen all over. With enough layers, it is
possible for even an old fart to stay warm!

I know that you like that funny Cajun food. More traditional fare here. The
missus informs me that this will be a "Prime Rib Christmas". No argument
from me on this choice of holiday fare.

And a very merry christmas to all. May you all be happy and politically
incorrect.

Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho,
and a happy new year.

P.S. Why do wimmin always buy crappy tools for christmas? (and clothes that
you will never wear) Not only is is something I would never use or need,
but it is one of those pretty "consumer grade" tools. Ya know, the ones that
fall apart after using a few times. I will be taking it back tomorrow and
buy something I actually can use.

Bah humbug!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lang may your lum reek.

On Dec 24, 8:27*pm, Robatoy wrote:
Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 14:00:13 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Swingman" wrote

ALL of you wReckers, and your's, have a very Merry Christmas! Stay warm
and be safe ...
--

I will take that to heart.

I got some kinda high tech, thermal long underwear from Santa this year. I
put it on immediately cuz it is frozen all over. With enough layers, it is
possible for even an old fart to stay warm!

I know that you like that funny Cajun food. More traditional fare here. The
missus informs me that this will be a "Prime Rib Christmas". No argument
from me on this choice of holiday fare.

And a very merry christmas to all. May you all be happy and politically
incorrect.

Second that emotion. May 2010 be a good year for everyone.

Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho,
and a happy new year.

Same to everyone here. Hope it's a great year for everyone.

P.S. Why do wimmin always buy crappy tools for christmas? (and clothes that
you will never wear) Not only is is something I would never use or need,
but it is one of those pretty "consumer grade" tools. Ya know, the ones that
fall apart after using a few times. I will be taking it back tomorrow and
buy something I actually can use.

SWMBO did buy me a couple of sweaters. They'll do. Long ago I
convinced her not to buy me tools. OTOH, the kid gave me a Woodcraft
gift certificate. That'll work; there should be some sales coming
up[*].

Bah humbug!

[*] I noticed that Woodpeckers has a sale on ball-bearing
full-extension drawer slides. I'll have to order a couple packages
(10 pairs per).

Posted to rec.woodworking

"krw" wrote:

I don't know if you saw this George Will piece from Thanksgiving:

http://townhall.com/columnists/Georg.../scroogenomics

Missed that one.

Question
How do merchants define Christmas?

Answer
The shearing of the sheep.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

P.S. Why do wimmin always buy crappy tools for christmas? (and clothes that
you will never wear) Not only is is something I would never use or need,
but it is one of those pretty "consumer grade" tools. Ya know, the ones that
fall apart after using a few times. I will be taking it back tomorrow and
buy something I actually can use.

I finally figured it out ... give'em a Rockler, or WoodCraft, catalog
with stuff circled ... stuff that you would not normally buy but
wouldn't mind having if someone gave it to you as a gift. By that simple
expedient I scored the following in the old stocking this morning:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...%2 0saw%20jig
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...20coping%20jig
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...0one%20plat e
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...0dust%20p ort

.... oh, and a magnetic push stick?? Apparently an independently made
decision ... win a few, lose a few!

Just kidding ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 16:17:37 -0600, Swingman wrote:

... oh, and a magnetic push stick?? Apparently an independently made
decision ... win a few, lose a few!

Why not? Just what you need to go with your carbide... oops, I mean
non ferrous cardboard saw blade.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

[...]

I bought one of those the last time I was in a Rockler store. It's
quite handy.
Posted to rec.woodworking

P.S. Why do wimmin always buy crappy tools for christmas? (and clothes
that you will never wear) Not only is is something I would never use or
need, but it is one of those pretty "consumer grade" tools. Ya know, the
ones that fall apart after using a few times. I will be taking it back
tomorrow and buy something I actually can use.

I finally figured it out ... give'em a Rockler, or WoodCraft, catalog with
stuff circled ... stuff that you would not normally buy but wouldn't mind
having if someone gave it to you as a gift. By that simple expedient I
scored the following in the old stocking this morning:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...%2 0saw%20jig

I have that, pretty cool. I originally got it for the band saw and sawing
veneers.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...20coping%20jig
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...0one%20plat e

Works with the Bench Dog?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...0dust%20p ort

I'll need a full report on that one. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 23:27:32 -0500, the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!

Dittoes, Dudeo!

--
REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind,
the more time you'll have to catch up!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 13:26:58 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

"krw" wrote:

I don't know if you saw this George Will piece from Thanksgiving:

http://townhall.com/columnists/Georg.../scroogenomics

Missed that one.

Good one. I love^H^H^H^H admire that guy.

Question
How do merchants define Christmas?

Answer
The shearing of the sheep.

Lew, is this you? sheepish grin
http://fwd4.me/9T1

--
REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind,
the more time you'll have to catch up!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyoe and their family.
May the new year bring safetly, love and peace to your loved ones.
`Casper
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave Balderstone wrote in
news:241220092341510896%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca:

In article ,
Robatoy wrote:

Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!

Merry, merry, and no lost digits!

AAMOF, you might hear a digit gained! Many people are keeping up with the
oh-8, oh-9 pattern and just saying oh-10.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!

Merry, merry, and no lost digits!

AAMOF, you might hear a digit gained! Many people are keeping up with the
oh-8, oh-9 pattern and just saying oh-10.

Yeahbut...it really will be oh-10.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 18:30:49 -0800, Lew Hodgett wrote:

For those of you who remember Satchel Paige

One of his many Satchelisms:

"Never look over your shoulder, IT might be gaining on you".

And for those who remember Pogo, and even those who don't:

http://www.pogopossum.com/raccoon.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...%2 0saw%20jig

I have that, pretty cool. I originally got it for the band saw and sawing
veneers.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...20coping%20jig
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...0one%20plat e

Works with the Bench Dog?

If you mean the rail and coping jig, yeah ... it just rides against the
router table fence. Doesn't use the miter slot ... would be a PITA
trying to square up the fence with the miter slot.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...0dust%20p ort

I'll need a full report on that one. LOL

I'm a bit skeptical myself ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques" wrote:

g I don't do baseball (beisbol be berry berry boring to me) so I
had to look him up. I really, really like his "How old would you be
if you didn't know how old you were?" from
http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h3777.html

1948 was a wondrous year for me.

My first year following major league baseball.

Got to see Satchel pitch a game.

The Cleveland Indians won the World Series.(They haven't won since).

Lost interest in baseball for many years after 1948 as a result of the
Indians ineptitude.

To this day, can still recite the starting line-up and the position of
each player.

With the exception of Bob Feller, most are gone.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 24, 10:27*pm, Robatoy wrote:
Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!

Right back to all of you from me & mine!

Norm
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have the Porter Cable version of that and it is a
bit of a pain in the ass to use.

The vacuum hose is in the way of every
single thing you try to do.