Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Protection

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 02:54:45 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
LDosser wrote:
The castle doctrine doesn't protect you from lawsuits, or from
violation of federal law. Spraying someone with bug spray is a
violation of federal law, and is also illegal in many localities.

The proper application of the shotgun does protect you from said law
suit, though.

Only if you kill all the relatives and maybe even his livestock.

Absolutely not true for all states. In some states the version of
"Castle
Doctrine" in place prohibits civil suits for wrongful death or injury.

If you would provide your home state (instead of posting via an
anonymizer), I can tell you whether immunity from civil liability is
active where you live.

Didn't realize I was anonomyzed - Oregon.

Hello, fellow Webfoot! (LJ, from Grass Pants, OR)

Beaverton!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:29:31 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 02:54:45 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:
Didn't realize I was anonomyzed - Oregon.

Hello, fellow Webfoot! (LJ, from Grass Pants, OR)

Beaverton!

Way up there. When I moved up from CA, I went from 50 miles north of
the Mexican border to 50 miles north of the California border
(_exactly_ one state), so I'm still a Southerner, I guess.

--
REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind,
the more time you'll have to catch up!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:29:31 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 02:54:45 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:
Didn't realize I was anonomyzed - Oregon.

Hello, fellow Webfoot! (LJ, from Grass Pants, OR)

Beaverton!

Way up there. When I moved up from CA,

Say it ain't so! Which wave?

I went from 50 miles north of
the Mexican border to 50 miles north of the California border
(_exactly_ one state), so I'm still a Southerner, I guess.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:19:20 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:29:31 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 02:54:45 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:
Didn't realize I was anonomyzed - Oregon.

Hello, fellow Webfoot! (LJ, from Grass Pants, OR)

Beaverton!

Way up there. When I moved up from CA,

Say it ain't so! Which wave?

I went from 50 miles north of
the Mexican border to 50 miles north of the California border
(_exactly_ one state), so I'm still a Southerner, I guess.

Nope, not on a wave.

I gave up surfing at the ripe old age of 13, when I took up
skimboarding. Longest nonstop run was ~1.5 miles, the length of the
South Carlsbad State Beach Campgrounds (Palomar Airport Road to
Avenida Encinas.) The beach had a lip on it so 1/4-1/2" of water
stayed on top while the rest of the wave receded. I'd skim 100', kick
it out, run to catch up, and continue on 'til the next inlet stopped
me. I was in great physical shape back then. Indestructible.

I gave up surfing because of a feeling of dread which came over me
while I was out at Swami's (the beach below the Self Realization
Fellowship). Death was stalking me and I took the next wave in on my
stomach, non-stop. IIRC, headlines said that a great white shark was
spotted in the area within the next day or two. (I've always trusted
my intuition.) They're rarely spotted in LoCal, but every decade or
so, they munch someone there.

--
REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind,
the more time you'll have to catch up!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:19:20 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:29:31 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Yeah, but was it the 1972-1976 wave, or the mid 1980s that brought you here?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:32:02 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

Yeah, but was it the 1972-1976 wave, or the mid 1980s that brought you here?

We rode a Delta Turboprop somethingorother from LR to Dallas/Love
Field in 1966, then from there to Lindberg in Sandy Eggo on a jet,
then moved into a rental in Vista, CA.

I drove myself up here in 2002, the year after Dad died. As a person
of the truly hermitical type, I wasn't one of those in the waves.

I'm at home up here in Oryguns, as 90% of the population (at least in
So Or) consists of expat Californicators like myself. We're all a lot
nicer up here after the decompression from sardine living in the Sun
Belt, er, Western Banana Belt. Luckily, that little taste of home,
the Hass avocado, is imported to this state at fairly low cost.

Are you a native or an import like me? I think I've met 3 natives so
far, after 7 whole years (8 on Feb 14, 2010.)

--
REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind,
the more time you'll have to catch up!
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.woodworking

[...]

I imported myself in 1970. My son and his wife are natives.