Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.woodworking
LDosser LDosser is offline

Default O/T: Protection

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:32:02 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

Yeah, but was it the 1972-1976 wave, or the mid 1980s that brought you
here?

We rode a Delta Turboprop somethingorother from LR to Dallas/Love
Field in 1966, then from there to Lindberg in Sandy Eggo on a jet,
then moved into a rental in Vista, CA.

I drove myself up here in 2002, the year after Dad died. As a person
of the truly hermitical type, I wasn't one of those in the waves.

I'm at home up here in Oryguns, as 90% of the population (at least in
So Or) consists of expat Californicators like myself. We're all a lot
nicer up here after the decompression from sardine living in the Sun
Belt, er, Western Banana Belt. Luckily, that little taste of home,
the Hass avocado, is imported to this state at fairly low cost.

Are you a native or an import like me? I think I've met 3 natives so
far, after 7 whole years (8 on Feb 14, 2010.)

I imported myself in 1970. My son and his wife are natives.