Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Happy Thanksgiving

This year I'm thankful for many things:
-- The laughter of my 14 month old granddaughter
-- That I went another year without slicing myself on my table saw
-- That my 401K bounced back a bit and I may someday be able to retire
-- That everyone I care about is healthy
-- That I now have real dust collection in my shop
-- That I discovered the diabetes early in the game and can control it
without meds or insulin
-- That my wife never asks why I need another tool
-- That I found a source for reasonably priced walnut and maple
-- That the folks on the wreck usually point me in the right direction
-- That I can get into my skinny jeans again
-- That the Woodworkers show is coming to my town in February
-- That my kids still still ask my opinion on stuff that matters
-- That my feet hit the floor every morning without assistance
-- That I can usually find most everything I'm looking for in my shop
(pencils and tape measures excluded)

Happy thanksgiving to all!

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Lots of things to be thankful for.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

Eat MO' Turkey!!
`CAsper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2009-11-26, Casper wrote:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

Likewise.

May your Thanksgiving be bountiful and your holidays joyful.

nb

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 2009-11-26, Casper wrote:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

Likewise.

May your Thanksgiving be bountiful and your holidays joyful.

Indeed.

OTOH in the "life happens" category, MIL passed away early this AM after
two weeks in hospice care.

Grand old lady; ideal MIL and had long and good innings but still a loss...

Posted to rec.woodworking

OTOH in the "life happens" category, MIL passed away early this AM after
two weeks in hospice care.

Grand old lady; ideal MIL and had long and good innings but still a loss...

My condolences. Celebrate her life today, if you can.

We just threw my MIL's ashes on the dunes behind Salmon Creek Beach a
few months ago. So that'd be 3 good dogs, 2 cats, and a MIL. Me too,
in time.

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

dpb wrote in
:

MIL passed away early this AM after
two weeks in hospice care.

Grand old lady; ideal MIL and had long and good innings but still a
loss...

My condolences, and keep the happy memories! BTDT

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2009-11-26, Casper wrote:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

Likewise.

May your Thanksgiving be bountiful and your holidays joyful.

Indeed.

OTOH in the "life happens" category, MIL passed away early this AM after
two weeks in hospice care.

Grand old lady; ideal MIL and had long and good innings but still a
loss...

--

Condolences. Even though it appears to have been expected, it still
leaves a hole.

Rob Leatham
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 11:04:00 -0600, the infamous dpb
scrawled the following:

On 2009-11-26, Casper wrote:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

Likewise.

May your Thanksgiving be bountiful and your holidays joyful.

Indeed.

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My neighbor cooked up a couple of
cornish game hens, stuffing and all. Delish! And I was graced by the
company of none other than that wandering Canuck, Luigi! He's a
really great guy and I'm enriched by having him as a friend. He
mentioned being surprised at having a so many friends on Facebook. I'm
surprised he doesn't have a lot more, now that I've spent some time
with him. That was fun. Thanks for stopping by, WeeGee!

I scared the crap out of the poor guy by showing him my extremely
messy, unusable shop. Sorry, WeeGee!

OTOH in the "life happens" category, MIL passed away early this AM after
two weeks in hospice care.

Condolences, but thank Buddha she got out quickly! Dad lasted a day
in the hospice bed, and we all got to say goodbye. We released him
with love and told him that he was free to drop the painful, old,
mortal coil any time it suited him, and that we loved him. He passed
that night, leaving a smile on his lifeless body for us to bury. He'd
moved on. His mother spent a horrid, painful year in a hospital bed
with stomach cancer. We're glad he passed quickly.

Grand old lady; ideal MIL and had long and good innings but still a loss...

Ditto Dad. RIP to everyone who has moved into the next game. (I
understand that Blob Villa will be coming back as a termite in a
Terminix testing lab RSN.)

--
Q: How many climate scientists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None. There's a consensus that it's going to change, so they've
decided to keep us in the dark.