Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Ramblings of a Retired Mind

"RonB" wrote in message
Your subject line got my attention. I'm supposed to receive my first
federal stimulus (SS) deposit tomorrow.

We have gone the opposite direction with phones. Last year we
relocated to SE Kansas and started building our retirement home. We
decided to use cells only until we moved into the new house. We moved
in. It is wired for several phones, but after 1-1/2 years without a
land-line we can't come up with a compelling reason to have one.

For starters, a land line can be much much less expensive and requires very
little maintance.

Some folks tell us that not being listed in the directory is a
disadvantage.

Not being in the dirrectory is a disadvangate. It costs extra to keep it
out.

Depends on your point of view.

I see no advantage to having it in the dirrectory. The people that you want
to know will not need the dirrectory.

Think of the dirrectory as the "Do Call List"