Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Low-Angle Smooth Plane

Further to that Veritas Low-Angle Smooth Plane I bought about a week
ago, I received the A2 blade for it in the mail yesterday.

Man is that thing sharp. The instructions for the blade immediately
warn you to be careful with the blade and of course being the dumb ass
I am, I immediately slice my finger on it.

Tested the edge on a really thick plastic bag. Cut it like a razor
blade. So, now that I've personally initiated my plane with my blood,
it's time to make some shavings.

Next stop down the slippery slope: a Veritas right hand plow plane.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,230,41182

Interestingly enough, for left handers, Lee Valley will exchange a
previously purchased right hand plow plane and blades for a new left
hand plow plane and blades, shipping and handling the only cost. Can't
beat service like that.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

wrote in message

Further to that Veritas Low-Angle Smooth Plane I bought about a week
ago, I received the A2 blade for it in the mail yesterday.

Man is that thing sharp. The instructions for the blade immediately
warn you to be careful with the blade and of course being the dumb ass
I am, I immediately slice my finger on it.

Tested the edge on a really thick plastic bag. Cut it like a razor
blade. So, now that I've personally initiated my plane with my blood,
it's time to make some shavings.

Next stop down the slippery slope: a Veritas right hand plow plane.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,230,41182

Interestingly enough, for left handers, Lee Valley will exchange a
previously purchased right hand plow plane and blades for a new left
hand plow plane and blades, shipping and handling the only cost. Can't
beat service like that.

There are no stops on that slope, you just grab things as you fly by, the
slope getting steeper and slicker as you go....

It's a fun ride, though.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Further to that Veritas Low-Angle Smooth Plane I bought about a week
ago, I received the A2 blade for it in the mail yesterday.

Man is that thing sharp. The instructions for the blade immediately
warn you to be careful with the blade and of course being the dumb ass
I am, I immediately slice my finger on it.

Tested the edge on a really thick plastic bag. Cut it like a razor
blade. So, now that I've personally initiated my plane with my blood,
it's time to make some shavings.

Next stop down the slippery slope: a Veritas right hand plow plane.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,230,41182

Interestingly enough, for left handers, Lee Valley will exchange a
previously purchased right hand plow plane and blades for a new left
hand plow plane and blades, shipping and handling the only cost. Can't
beat service like that.

Are you trying to spread your tool lust??? It's contagious! : )
I hope you enjoy the peace and quiet of your new hand tools!

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/12/2009 7:50 AM Joe spake thus:

wrote in message

Further to that Veritas Low-Angle Smooth Plane I bought about a week
ago, I received the A2 blade for it in the mail yesterday.

Man is that thing sharp. The instructions for the blade immediately
warn you to be careful with the blade and of course being the dumb ass
I am, I immediately slice my finger on it.

"Test thumb on blade", eh?

You do know that the best way to safely test a blade's sharpness is to
use your thumbNAIL, right?

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:56:16 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Are you trying to spread your tool lust??? It's contagious! : )
I hope you enjoy the peace and quiet of your new hand tools!

Spread it? Hell no. I figured by this time it was pretty much
pandemic. In any case, I'm blaming Leon for infecting me. Him and his
damned Festools.

Low-Angle Jointer Plane? Buck Turgidson Woodworking 4 November 27th 07 02:05 PM
Smooth Plane Tattooed and Dusty Woodworking 18 October 12th 05 02:08 PM
Low angle plane (stanley 62) srazor Woodworking 3 December 28th 04 07:55 AM
Plane angle Eric Anderson Woodworking 3 January 27th 04 01:55 PM
low angle block plane BErney1014 Woodworking 3 January 15th 04 02:46 PM