Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Low-Angle Smooth Plane

wrote in message

Further to that Veritas Low-Angle Smooth Plane I bought about a week
ago, I received the A2 blade for it in the mail yesterday.

Man is that thing sharp. The instructions for the blade immediately
warn you to be careful with the blade and of course being the dumb ass
I am, I immediately slice my finger on it.

Tested the edge on a really thick plastic bag. Cut it like a razor
blade. So, now that I've personally initiated my plane with my blood,
it's time to make some shavings.

Next stop down the slippery slope: a Veritas right hand plow plane.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,230,41182

Interestingly enough, for left handers, Lee Valley will exchange a
previously purchased right hand plow plane and blades for a new left
hand plow plane and blades, shipping and handling the only cost. Can't
beat service like that.

There are no stops on that slope, you just grab things as you fly by, the
slope getting steeper and slicker as you go....

It's a fun ride, though.