Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default desktop seam support question

Still working on my new desk: http://www.delorie.com/wood/desk/

Today's question is about supporting the center section of the top.
The primary support will be along the seam, held together with draw
bolts (although there's an arch across the widest part to help reduce
sagging). I want something along the seam that will align the
sections vertically as well as support the center section. My
original idea was just biscuits, but now I'm thinking floating tenons
would be better. Comments? Ideas? Suggestions?