JD

Default Pergola support question

Ok my question about a clear beam span has been answered, thank you all.
Now for the support. Can I use 3 "laminated" 2x6s for support instead of
trying to manhandle a 6x6x10'. Will it provide enough support for my
2x8x12' beam ends?
JD

Ability to support depends on things in additon to size of column.
Don't forget 3 two bys are 1.5 + 1.5 + 1.5 = 4.5.
TB