Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I can't change the blade on a B & D miter saw.

On Nov 10, 12:42*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:28:13 -0800 (PST), Tom
wrote:

Black & Decker miter sale model 7715 type 3.

I bought this saw at a garage sale. the seller cut a board, said it
needs a blade. But, I can't remove the old blade. The armature of the
motor turns when I try to turn the *blade nut. If I "jam" the blade so
it can't turn, the armature still turns. How do I lock the motor to
remove the blade?

Are you *absolutely* sure you're turning the arbor nut in the right
direction to loosen it?

Yes! And I did try both clock and counter clock wise.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

wrote:

Black & Decker miter sale model 7715 type 3.
I bought this saw at a garage sale. the seller cut a board, said it
needs a blade. But, I can't remove the old blade. The armature of the
motor turns when I try to turn the blade nut. If I "jam" the blade so
it can't turn, the armature still turns. How do I lock the motor to
remove the blade?

Are you *absolutely* sure you're turning the arbor nut in the right
direction to loosen it?

Yes! And I did try both clock and counter clock wise.

Try an impact driver--one of them spring-loaded, hit 'em w/ a hammer
thingies.

Sounds like perhaps original owner may have used it w/o having fully
tightened blade and the starting torque can really overtighten and
slightly stretch bolts. (DAMHIKT but I'll tell the story
anyway--got interrupted while changing blade on Dad's little contractor
saw while building the kitchen cabinets. Forgot where was when got back
and just automatically turned it on to go. Spun that sucker on so tight
was a _major_ pita when did need to change next time)

My DeWalt has an armature locking pin; don't know B&D well enough but
look carefully, it's a pretty small little rod that could be overlooked.

If have a buddy or know some service shop well, maybe could drop by and
borrow an impact wrench or get them to do it for you, maybe???