Default Recomendation Miter Saw Blade

Greetings,
I guess this is a "de-lurk"!

I have a small miter saw, and I need a new blade. Mostly, I cut 4/4
stock, up to about 4 inches wide (and usually square) and occasionally,
I end up framing a picture. I would be grateful for any opinions
regarding a decent blade for such work. Sadly, it's a small saw (8
1/4" blade, w/ 5/8" arbor) but it's what I have at the moment...
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Hal

Mark

Personally, I think the single most over rated item is circular saw blades.
I buy mine from Big Lots anymore - 12" 100 tooth blade $20 - cuts like a
$100+ blade.
Mark

wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings,
I guess this is a "de-lurk"!

I have a small miter saw, and I need a new blade. Mostly, I cut 4/4
stock, up to about 4 inches wide (and usually square) and occasionally,
I end up framing a picture. I would be grateful for any opinions
regarding a decent blade for such work. Sadly, it's a small saw (8
1/4" blade, w/ 5/8" arbor) but it's what I have at the moment...
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Hal

Thanks for the input, Mark. I was considering a WWII 60T, but I think
I'll try a "generic" 60T thin kerf for a while. Appreciate the help!

Hal