Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dewalt router

Any of you guys have the DW621? Comments? I need a new plunge router for
my Woodrat because my Milwaukee won't accommodate the plunge bar.

TIA

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 9, 11:31*pm, " wrote:
Any of you guys have the DW621? Comments? I need a new plunge router for
my Woodrat because my Milwaukee won't accommodate the plunge bar.

TIA

Larry

I have one, and love it to pieces.... I wouldn't put it in a router
table, however. i'd get something cheaper, as was as a little more
powerful for a table. My other router is a Milwaukee, so no advice on
that front. Maybe try the dw625 (more expensive) or the dw618 - 2.25
hw, available with one or two bases

shelly
Posted to rec.woodworking

I know you are asking about a specific router, but if you could go up
just one more notch to the DW625, I think you would be happier. I
bought the 625 and love it. I looked at 621 but didn't buy it because
it didn't have enough power to be fixed in a table.

The 625 is powerful enough to live in your table, but unlike that PC
3hp monster, it is easily controllable as a handheld.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 10, 8:53*pm, " wrote:

I went after a 625 on ebay today and got outbid. *It went for $145 ...
not a bad price. *Landed the 621 for $83. *That, methinks, is cause for
a bit of a gloat.

Nope. I think it is a real reason for a gloat. So let me recognize
that in the traditional group way:

YOU SUCK.

Oh yeah.... and congratulations on the get!

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote in message
Any of you guys have the DW621? Comments? I need a new plunge router for
my Woodrat because my Milwaukee won't accommodate the plunge bar.

TIA

Larry

Ditto, 621 kinda small for a table, have 2 for hand held work, sweet. My
table has a 3.25hp