Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Stanley is buying Black and Decker for $4.5 billion in stock

just thought i'd pass along the news...
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
just thought i'd pass along the news...

:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-St...rsonal-finance

Yikes
--
Froz...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 2, 5:12*pm, FrozenNorth
just thought i'd pass along the news...

:http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-St...ck-bw-59641955...

Yikes
--
Froz...

I did NOT know that B & D owned Price Pfister. The Pfabulous Pfaucet
Pfor Pfussy P****ers.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On Nov 2, 5:12 pm, FrozenNorth
just thought i'd pass along the news...

:http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-St...ck-bw-59641955...

Yikes
--
Froz...

I did NOT know that B & D owned Price Pfister. The Pfabulous Pfaucet
Pfor Pfussy P****ers.

In other news Ryobi bought Festool.
;-)
--
Froz...
Posted to rec.woodworking

In other news Ryobi bought Festool.
;-)
--
Froz...

Now THAT ain't funny!

Posted to rec.woodworking

RonB wrote:
In other news Ryobi bought Festool.
;-)
--
Froz...

Now THAT ain't funny!

I dunno, I think it would be hilarious--teach the bloody Germans that their
strategy of pricing their tools as luxury items is a loser and that some
cheap purveyor of consumer crap can buy them out out of petty cash.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
I did NOT know that B & D owned Price Pfister. The Pfabulous Pfaucet
Pfor Pfussy P****ers.

LOL.... and I actually did.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Robatoy wrote:
I did NOT know that B & D owned Price Pfister. The Pfabulous Pfaucet
Pfor Pfussy P****ers.

LOL.... and I actually did.

--

-MIKE-

I ought to know what a company started (and at one time based) about 5 miles
from my home owns.

It is truly awetastic to follow the dotted lines of who owns, has owned, and
may soon own various lines in this country (and in fact, globally.)

Y'all know that Festool is the crap Harbor Freight refused to carry, right?

Ed (L'ing OL)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On Nov 2, 5:12 pm, FrozenNorth
just thought i'd pass along the news...

:http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-St...ck-bw-59641955...

Yikes
--
Froz...

I did NOT know that B & D owned Price Pfister. The Pfabulous Pfaucet
Pfor Pfussy P****ers.

Oh man, don't get me started. I live in Pflugerville Texas, and you
wouldn't believe the lengths they go to here to change every p****ing
f-word to a pf-word. "Hey, I'm reading here in the Pflugerville Pflag
that the Deutschen-Pfest and the Pfall Pfamily Pfun Pfest are both pfour
days long this year!" It was cute for about pfive minutes, but any more
it makes me want to pfart in their general direction.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve Turner wrote:

Oh man, don't get me started. I live in Pflugerville Texas, and you
wouldn't believe the lengths they go to here to change every p****ing
f-word to a pf-word. "Hey, I'm reading here in the Pflugerville Pflag
that the Deutschen-Pfest and the Pfall Pfamily Pfun Pfest are both pfour
days long this year!" It was cute for about pfive minutes, but any more
it makes me want to pfart in their general direction.

LMPFAO!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve Turner wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Nov 2, 5:12 pm, FrozenNorth
just thought i'd pass along the news...
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-St...ck-bw-59641955...

Yikes
--
Froz...

I did NOT know that B & D owned Price Pfister. The Pfabulous Pfaucet
Pfor Pfussy P****ers.

Oh man, don't get me started. I live in Pflugerville Texas, and you
wouldn't believe the lengths they go to here to change every p****ing
f-word to a pf-word. "Hey, I'm reading here in the Pflugerville Pflag
that the Deutschen-Pfest and the Pfall Pfamily Pfun Pfest are both
pfour days long this year!" It was cute for about pfive minutes, but
any more it makes me want to pfart in their general direction.

??? Really?

I heard back in the '70's that during the University of Texas-Texas A&M
game, the Longhorns fired a small cannon when they made a touchdown. The
Aggies responded with a howitzer when they scored. Not to be outdone, the
Texas cheerleaders flung Napalm into the stands in a celebratory gesture
over the next field goal. Texas A&M finally ended the nonsense when they
dropped an Atom bomb on Pflugerville.

I guess by now the town has been rebuilt?

For your entertainment, the world's largest military marching band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1b-f4t1f-o

P.S. Members of the A&M band receive no college credits for participation.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 2, 5:12*pm, FrozenNorth
just thought i'd pass along the news...

:http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-St...ck-bw-59641955...

Yikes
--
Froz...

Lessee now: B&D includes DeWalt, Delta, Porter-Cable and Price
Pfister, plus, I think, Kwikset, amongst others.

It should be interesting, unless you're one of the employees who gets
laid off in the consolidation.
Posted to rec.woodworking

said:

just thought i'd pass along the news...

Creating an even bigger, tax dodging producer of mediocrity.

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

And B & D already is a part of:
http://www.blackanddecker.com/Custom...formation.aspx
1993 – The Company’s new product and service commitment to the consumer
channel of distribution earned it the Vendor of the Year awards from
Wal-Mart, Builders Square, L.G. Cook, BMA, Channel Home Centers, and
several other U.S.A. key accounts. Also launched the selected Elu line
of professional power tools for Europe.
1995 – The new line of DeWalt Professional Power Tools & Accessories
launches in Europe
2003 - Black & Decker ® purchase Baldwin Hardware Corporation and Weiser
Lock Corporation from Masco, for a cash purchase price for the
transaction in the region of $275 million
2004 - Black & Decker ® announce the purchase of the Tools Group from
Pentair, Inc. (NYSE: PNR) for approximately $775 million in cash. The
Tools Group, which includes the Porter-Cable, Delta, DeVilbiss Air
Power, Oldham Saw, and FLEX businesses, had sales of $1.08 billion and
operating profit of $82 million in 2003.

just thought i'd pass along the news...

Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote in message
just thought i'd pass along the news...

Hey I just bought 4 shares of each so now "I" own Stanley and B&D.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 09:17:37 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

" wrote in message
just thought i'd pass along the news...

Hey I just bought 4 shares of each so now "I" own Stanley and B&D.

clap, clap, clap, clap AND you now have the clap!

--
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques said:

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
-- Thomas Jefferson

That about sums up how I feel about Halliburton, Blackwater, KBR, and
bombing the **** out of the infrastructure and civilians of Iraq -
useless profiteering *******s.

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Greg G. wrote:
Larry Jaques said:

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
-- Thomas Jefferson

That about sums up how I feel about Halliburton, Blackwater, KBR, and
bombing the **** out of the infrastructure and civilians of Iraq -
useless profiteering *******s.

I don't understand. Who would you rather they bomb? They've got to bomb
SOMEBODY - that's what they do.

Posted to rec.woodworking

HeyBub said:

Greg G. wrote:
Larry Jaques said:

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
-- Thomas Jefferson

That about sums up how I feel about Halliburton, Blackwater, KBR, and
bombing the **** out of the infrastructure and civilians of Iraq -
useless profiteering *******s.

I don't understand. Who would you rather they bomb? They've got to bomb
SOMEBODY - that's what they do.

K-Street and Wall Street might be a good start...
I wouldn't need much compellin' to be on board with those targets...

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 08:54:57 -0500, the infamous Greg
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques said:

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
-- Thomas Jefferson

That about sums up how I feel about Halliburton, Blackwater, KBR, and
bombing the **** out of the infrastructure and civilians of Iraq -
useless profiteering *******s.

And I feel that way with the numerous pay increases the
CONgresscritters gave to themselves while the economy folded around
them and us. Well, give them one more inch (or mile, i.e. Obamacare)
and they'll produce the critical mass necessary for the second
American Revolution. Got ammo? Got a bunker? Duck!

--
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques said:

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
-- Thomas Jefferson

That about sums up how I feel about Halliburton, Blackwater, KBR, and
bombing the **** out of the infrastructure and civilians of Iraq -
useless profiteering *******s.

And I feel that way with the numerous pay increases the
CONgresscritters gave to themselves while the economy folded around
them and us. Well, give them one more inch (or mile, i.e. Obamacare)
and they'll produce the critical mass necessary for the second
American Revolution. Got ammo? Got a bunker? Duck!

Hey, it's not only CONgresscritters. Four years ago I was assaulted by
members of the Federalist Society concerning the absolute need for pay
raises for US attorneys. Apparently $500+ an hour plus taxpayer paid
health care benefits wasn't enough. Their argument was that since they
could make more money in the "free market", they deserved more to
represent taxpayers - like that ever happens. And then there are the
judges who vet out "justice" based upon monetary contributions - they
want pay raises too.

As for the health care debate - something has to be done. But the day
that government demands that I pay a bloated avaricious private
industry for health insurance, (ala Mitt Romney's, Mass Health Care),
is the day I take the lot of them out with RPGs.

RANT
Know who Monsanto is - the US farmer's nemesis? Clarence Thomas, an
ex-Monsanto lawyer and Bush appointee to the Supreme Court, wrote the
ruling that effectively killed off many hard working US farmers who
could not afford to fight Monsanto in Court over GMO soybean and corn
seeds. Crop contamination by wind blown pollen caused many farmers to
be sued by Monsanto - and put out of business or left in bankruptcy
with huge legal bills. The Canadian Courts originally told Monsanto
to go **** themselves, but the ever compliant, bought and paid for,
sorry ass excuses for justice in this country enforced Monsanto's
claims against farmers who had never bought or planted any Monsanto
seed. The end result is that you can barely find a corn or soybean
crop in this country that has not been contaminated by Monsanto's
"wonder genes" - thereby rendering every farmer on the American
continent subject to adverse rulings by a corrupt court and an
avaricious company that wants to own and control the food we eat.
And they are working hard to bribe the officials of foreign countries
into the same scenario.

My point is that, from all appearances, you are trying to make this a
partisan issue, when in fact it is endemic in both parties - although
the right seems more intent on protecting huge corporations (and huge
contributors) at the expense of the average working man. Is that
really your intent? The right is no more interested in your well being
than they are that of a fly on a pile of dung. It's all lip service
and BS.

Got ammo? Got a bunker?
You bet, and I've been ready for the past 20 years while a nation of
sheep bleated and twisted in the wind. You are so Owned!

You want change you can believe in?
Kill K-street, enforce campaign contribution limits, and vote for
people who give a ****, not the ****tards they dole out at each
election. Ignore the BS the media spits out; they are complicit - and
that especially includes FOX News, fake grassroots Tea Parties, and
just about everything you can't directly observe, touch and feel.

And BTW, who the hell spends 140 million dollars of personal funds to
win the mayorship of a city without expecting some pretty serious
payback? There is something very wrong with this picture...
/RANT

Just my casual observations...

Greg G.