Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bosch 3107 DVS Orbital Sander

I have a Bosch 3107 orbital sander. While sanding, the bolt that holds
the hook ( or is that the loop?) loosened and came out. I re-attached
the pad to the sander, securely tighting the bolt and started in
again. After about two minutes of sanding it loosened again. This
happened 3-4 times, each time I tightened it as much as I could, but
with the same results.

Any suggestions?
Posted to rec.woodworking

geraldonj said:

I have a Bosch 3107 orbital sander. While sanding, the bolt that holds
the hook ( or is that the loop?) loosened and came out. I re-attached
the pad to the sander, securely tighting the bolt and started in
again. After about two minutes of sanding it loosened again. This
happened 3-4 times, each time I tightened it as much as I could, but
with the same results.

Any suggestions?

Not familiar with that mechanism, but have you considered automotive
type thread locking compound? Use common sense or a torque table to
determine the tightening torque for the bolt - wouldn't want to strip
either thread or break a shaft. Wait for it to set before using.

FWIW

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:07:00 -0800 (PST), geraldonj
wrote:

happened 3-4 times, each time I tightened it as much as I could, but
with the same results.

Loctite #2 or perhaps #3?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
happened 3-4 times, each time I tightened it as much as I could, but
with the same results.

Loctite #2 or perhaps #3?

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
happened 3-4 times, each time I tightened it as much as I could, but
with the same results.

Loctite #2 or perhaps #3?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

You might find that the bore of the pad or bearing is worn, thus
causing the screw to loosen. Thread lock compound will stall
replacement, but you might consider closely examining each part and
ordering appropriate replacement(s) for those that are worn.

Greg G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Greg G." wrote in message

wrote:
happened 3-4 times, each time I tightened it as much as I could, but
with the same results.

Loctite #2 or perhaps #3?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

You might find that the bore of the pad or bearing is worn, thus
causing the screw to loosen. Thread lock compound will stall
replacement, but you might consider closely examining each part and
ordering appropriate replacement(s) for those that are worn.

Greg G.

Yeah, I'd suspect worn out parts as typically bolts and nuts that spin
naturally tighten in use.

Posted to rec.woodworking

geraldonj wrote:

I have a Bosch 3107 orbital sander. While sanding, the bolt that holds
the hook ( or is that the loop?) loosened and came out. I re-attached
the pad to the sander, securely tighting the bolt and started in
again. After about two minutes of sanding it loosened again. This
happened 3-4 times, each time I tightened it as much as I could, but
with the same results.

Any suggestions?

Loctite (probably red) comes to mind, however I'd e-mail Bosch and see that
they have to say as well.

bosch pex400 random orbital sander: changing base plate? Stephen[_6_] UK diy 1 October 14th 09 01:03 PM
orbital sander News Woodworking 21 May 30th 07 05:32 PM
What Random Orbital Sander andrewpreece UK diy 3 December 10th 04 10:25 PM
Orbital Sander V Belt Sander Ozboc Woodworking 3 September 10th 04 12:41 PM
Is a DA (Dual Action) sander same as a orbital sander Ben Siders Woodworking 4 July 31st 03 04:55 PM