Posted to rec.woodworking

Default RIP NYW

"jo4hn" wrote in message
I'll have to throw in a token, really fat and disgusting
guy so I'll be the logical choice for all the women!}

I'll volunteer. Even just looking at all that delectable skin can't be
all bad.

Hell, you could be a really fat and disgusting guy with a great personality.
Maybe it doesn't happen as much as one would like, but sometimes the fat and
disgusting guy gets the girl.

(That's what all we fat, disgusting guys like to believe anyway. Gives us
hope!)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
Syndication:

PBS doesn't really "own" NYW or TOH or ATOH. They are
owned by Morash and he sold some of the shows to Time Warner.
I think he retained rights to NYW.

PBS stations sometimes produce their own shows. We have
a couple hear in the SF area. The national shows like
the "News Hour" are PBS produced, as well as the "Masterpiece"
shows (tho most of those shows are re-runs of British shows).

When your local PBS station decides to broadcast a show it
doesn't own, it has to pay for that right.

I'm not sure that applies to all shows... Roy Underhill has mentioned a
number of times in public venues and in small groups that PBS stations can
run The Woodwright's Shop for free... State Farm pays for it. Though he also
wonders if State Farm, as an insurance company, would continue to underwrite
the show if they saw some of the things he does... He said that when he put
his shaving horse on top of his work bench and climbed up there so that
folks in the back of the room could see what he was doing. ;~)

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

jo4hn wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 18, 5:55 am, "J. Clarke" wrote:
According to the greenies we don't need to build stuff at all--we
should all be running around naked in the primeval paradise.

Well, it would certainly cut down on my drycleaning bill.

If we get to choose who the naked people are, I'm signing up early.
{Making list in head: Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansson, Adriana
Lima...and I'll have to throw in a token, really fat and disgusting
guy so I'll be the logical choice for all the women!}

I'll volunteer. Even just looking at all that delectable skin can't
be all bad.

Good to encounter someone else who likes Jessica Alba and Scarlett
Johansen--a lot of people don't for some reason. And most people will tell
you that I would fit in just fine as the fat digusting guy. But after a
month without technology we'll all be pretty disgusting (remember no tech
means no soap, no toothpaste, no plumbing, sleep on the bare ground . . .)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 16:05:51 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

jo4hn wrote:
month without technology we'll all be pretty disgusting (remember no tech
means no soap, no toothpaste, no plumbing, sleep on the bare ground . . .)

Yeah, but the fat disgusting guy is also pretty smart. He knows that a
little animal tallow from the wild beasts they've been eating and some
lye are the basic ingredients for making soap. With that, he can win
the girl easily.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

Compare The Price is Right. Bob Barker brought
something special to the show, something Drew Carey lacks. While I never
was a regular viewer, I'm now an active avoider of the Drew Carey
versions.

Better yet, look at the tonight show. Carson to Leno = downgrade. Leno to
O"Brian + scraping the bottom.

Posted to rec.woodworking

CW wrote:
"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

Compare The Price is Right. Bob Barker brought
something special to the show, something Drew Carey lacks. While I never
was a regular viewer, I'm now an active avoider of the Drew Carey
versions.

Better yet, look at the tonight show. Carson to Leno = downgrade. Leno to
O"Brian + scraping the bottom.

I'm guessing you're both over 60. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:
CW wrote:
"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

Compare The Price is Right. Bob Barker brought
something special to the show, something Drew Carey lacks. While I
never was a regular viewer, I'm now an active avoider of the Drew
Carey versions.

Better yet, look at the tonight show. Carson to Leno = downgrade.
Leno to O"Brian + scraping the bottom.

I'm guessing you're both over 60. :-)

My Dad, who wasn't much of a TV watcher, used to say that Bob Barker was the
last true showman.

I gotta say, I never saw Leno do _anything_ like the time that Carson nailed
Uri Gellar--the twit couldn't show his face on an American stage for decades
after that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- writes:
CW wrote:
"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

Compare The Price is Right. Bob Barker brought
something special to the show, something Drew Carey lacks. While I never
was a regular viewer, I'm now an active avoider of the Drew Carey
versions.

Better yet, look at the tonight show. Carson to Leno = downgrade. Leno to
O"Brian + scraping the bottom.

I'm guessing you're both over 60. :-)

I'm well under 60 and haven't watched the tonight show since 1992. CW
is correct - each subsequent host has been a downgrade.

scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote in message
m...

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

Compare The Price is Right. Bob Barker brought
something special to the show, something Drew Carey lacks. While I never
was a regular viewer, I'm now an active avoider of the Drew Carey
versions.

Better yet, look at the tonight show. Carson to Leno = downgrade. Leno to
O"Brian + scraping the bottom.

I was a big fan of Carson, did not care for Leno until he changed the show
format about a year after he took over. After that I thought he was great.
O'Brian, I liked him better on his original Late Night show. Perhaps after
he has been at the helm for a while he will change the format to something
better.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
-MIKE- writes:
CW wrote:
"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

Compare The Price is Right. Bob Barker brought
something special to the show, something Drew Carey lacks. While I
never
was a regular viewer, I'm now an active avoider of the Drew Carey
versions.

Better yet, look at the tonight show. Carson to Leno = downgrade. Leno
O"Brian + scraping the bottom.

I'm guessing you're both over 60. :-)

I'm well under 60 and haven't watched the tonight show since 1992. CW
is correct - each subsequent host has been a downgrade.

I switched to Dave when Leno came in... he's so much more natural as a wise
guy than Jay. Neither are Johnny! Conan who...? Oh yeah, caught him about
twice and that was enough.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Scott Lurndal wrote:
-MIKE- writes:
CW wrote:
"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

Compare The Price is Right. Bob Barker brought
something special to the show, something Drew Carey lacks. While I never
was a regular viewer, I'm now an active avoider of the Drew Carey
versions.

Better yet, look at the tonight show. Carson to Leno = downgrade. Leno to
O"Brian + scraping the bottom.

I'm guessing you're both over 60. :-)

I'm well under 60 and haven't watched the tonight show since 1992. CW
is correct - each subsequent host has been a downgrade.

scott

Times change and so does humor. And people feel an attachment to
entertainers... kind of like sports teams.

I had no attachment to either Jay nor Conan, but I can see that Conan is
way, way funnier that Jay.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message

I had no attachment to either Jay nor Conan, but I can see that Conan is
way, way funnier that Jay.

Evidently you are not alone or he would not have the show. Me, OTOH, cannot
bear to watch Conan for two minutes. He just seems fake or uncomfortable or
something. Leno I can take in short doses. Carson is still king.

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote in
:

CW wrote:
"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

Compare The Price is Right. Bob Barker brought
something special to the show, something Drew Carey lacks. While I
never was a regular viewer, I'm now an active avoider of the Drew
Carey versions.

Better yet, look at the tonight show. Carson to Leno = downgrade.
Leno to O"Brian + scraping the bottom.

I'm guessing you're both over 60. :-)

Keep guessing. The Price is Right and Tonight Show are essential
showpieces in the General Audience wing of the Museum of Television.
Just like NYW is the prime one in the Woodworking wing.

It'll be a while before they're old enough as to be forgotten.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper wrote:
-MIKE- wrote in
:

CW wrote:
"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

Compare The Price is Right. Bob Barker brought
something special to the show, something Drew Carey lacks. While I
never was a regular viewer, I'm now an active avoider of the Drew
Carey versions.

Better yet, look at the tonight show. Carson to Leno = downgrade.
Leno to O"Brian + scraping the bottom.

I'm guessing you're both over 60. :-)

Keep guessing. The Price is Right and Tonight Show are essential
showpieces in the General Audience wing of the Museum of Television.
Just like NYW is the prime one in the Woodworking wing.

It'll be a while before they're old enough as to be forgotten.

Puckdropper

I think there are some kids on your lawn to yell at. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Evidently you are not alone or he would not have the show. Me, OTOH,
cannot bear to watch Conan for two minutes. He just seems fake or
uncomfortable or something. Leno I can take in short doses. Carson
is still king.

Without question; however, maybe there is hope on the horizon.

Fallon holds out hope, but that may be a stretch.

Ferguson has talent as a stand up, if only they would dump the present
format and turn him loose.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour wrote:

On Oct 18, 5:55Â*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:

According to the greenies we don't need to build stuff at all--we should
all be running around naked in the primeval paradise.

Well, it would certainly cut down on my drycleaning bill.

If we get to choose who the naked people are, I'm signing up early.
{Making list in head: Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansson, Adriana
Lima...and I'll have to throw in a token, really fat and disgusting
guy so I'll be the logical choice for all the women!}

'fraid you don't get the choice. You've got to include Roseanne Barr,
Rosy O'Donnell, and the ancient White House Reporter. Oh, and Michael
Moore.

Rob Leatham
Posted to rec.woodworking

CW wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
Sorry to hear that. Haven't watched for years, not because I didn't
like
it, but because it was difficult to find a time when it would be shown
rather than being preempted by another PBS Begathon. Just kind of
drifted away from even checking for it.

--

This seems to be a regular problem around here (the rec). Am I the only
one that has HGTV and a TIVO?

I've got DirectTV now (no Tivo, thanks). But by that time, I was already
past scheduling my time around NYW.

Rob Leatham
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 20, 12:26*am, Mark & Juanita wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 18, 5:55*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:

According to the greenies we don't need to build stuff at all--we should
all be running around naked in the primeval paradise.

Well, it would certainly cut down on my drycleaning bill.

If we get to choose who the naked people are, I'm signing up early.
{Making list in head: Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansson, Adriana
Lima...and I'll have to throw in a token, really fat and disgusting
guy so I'll be the logical choice for all the women!}

* 'fraid you don't get the choice. *You've got to include Roseanne Barr,
Rosy O'Donnell, and the ancient White House Reporter. *Oh, and Michael
Moore.

Don't forget Nancy Pelosi.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 20, 1:26*am, Mark & Juanita wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 18, 5:55*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:

According to the greenies we don't need to build stuff at all--we should
all be running around naked in the primeval paradise.

Well, it would certainly cut down on my drycleaning bill.

If we get to choose who the naked people are, I'm signing up early.
{Making list in head: Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansson, Adriana
Lima...and I'll have to throw in a token, really fat and disgusting
guy so I'll be the logical choice for all the women!}

* 'fraid you don't get the choice. *You've got to include Roseanne Barr,
Rosy O'Donnell, and the ancient White House Reporter. *Oh, and Michael
Moore.

And that yummy morsel Ann "Alien Bones" Coulter would be enough to
turn any dog off its breakfast.

Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 18, 5:55*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:

According to the greenies we don't need to build stuff at all--we should
all be running around naked in the primeval paradise.

Well, it would certainly cut down on my drycleaning bill.

If we get to choose who the naked people are, I'm signing up early.
{Making list in head: Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansson, Adriana
Lima...and I'll have to throw in a token, really fat and disgusting
guy so I'll be the logical choice for all the women!}

* 'fraid you don't get the choice. *You've got to include Roseanne Barr,
Rosy O'Donnell, and the ancient White House Reporter. *Oh, and Michael
Moore.

Don't forget Nancy Pelosi.

And you would be snuggling up to this one:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/Foxnews.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Leon wrote:
I was a big fan of Carson, did not care for Leno until he changed the show
format about a year after he took over. After that I thought he was great.

What change was that???

It's still a generally lame monologue followed by a parade of worthless
"guests" plugging latest whatever (book/movie/drunk-driving
arrrest/wathever) followed by a nobody-ever-heard-of-'em music group.

Other than "Monday Night Headlines" there's never a thing worth keeping
it on for.

Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 18, 5:55*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:

According to the greenies we don't need to build stuff at all--we should
all be running around naked in the primeval paradise.

Well, it would certainly cut down on my drycleaning bill.

If we get to choose who the naked people are, I'm signing up early.
{Making list in head: Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansson, Adriana
Lima...and I'll have to throw in a token, really fat and disgusting
guy so I'll be the logical choice for all the women!}

* 'fraid you don't get the choice. *You've got to include Roseanne Barr,
Rosy O'Donnell, and the ancient White House Reporter. *Oh, and Michael
Moore.

Don't forget Nancy Pelosi.

And you would be snuggling up to this one:http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/Foxnews.jpg

Nah, with you here this is more useful...
http://www.amazon.com/Arguing-Idiots...f=cm_lmf_tit_1
Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 18, 5:55*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:

According to the greenies we don't need to build stuff at all--we should
all be running around naked in the primeval paradise.

Well, it would certainly cut down on my drycleaning bill.

If we get to choose who the naked people are, I'm signing up early.
{Making list in head: Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansson, Adriana
Lima...and I'll have to throw in a token, really fat and disgusting
guy so I'll be the logical choice for all the women!}

* 'fraid you don't get the choice. *You've got to include Roseanne Barr,
Rosy O'Donnell, and the ancient White House Reporter. *Oh, and Michael
Moore.

Don't forget Nancy Pelosi.

And you would be snuggling up to this one:http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/Foxnews.jpg

Nah, with you here this is more useful...http://www.amazon.com/Arguing-Idiots...ment/dp/141659...

Judging by the title of the link, I feel it safe to assume that this
could be your own personal website. As a result of that evaluation I
'll waste no time clicking on it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour wrote:
[...]

You are dumb enough to believe that I own amazon.com.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

Nah, with you here this is more useful...
http://www.amazon.com/Arguing-Idiots...f=cm_lmf_tit_1

Fabulous marketing ploy putting the Chief Idiot In Charge right on the
cover!

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 20, 10:55*am, "Dave in Houston" wrote:
wrote in message

Nah, with you here this is more useful...
http://www.amazon.com/Arguing-Idiots...ment/dp/141659...

* * Fabulous marketing ploy putting the Chief Idiot In Charge right on the
cover!

You mean here?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/health_care/

You're right, though. He is the Chief Idiot in Charge.
Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour wrote:
[...]

Thought never crossed my mind. Do you have to ****ing own GMAIL to
have a ****ing account there? Well, do you, punk?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Oct 20, 9:59Â*am, Robatoy wrote:
On Oct 20, 10:42Â*am, " wrote:

On Oct 20, 7:57Â*am, Robatoy wrote:

On Oct 20, 8:24Â*am, " wrote:

On Oct 20, 12:26Â*am, Mark & Juanita wrote:

RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 18, 5:55Â*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:

According to the greenies we don't need to build stuff at
all--we should all be running around naked in the primeval
paradise.

Well, it would certainly cut down on my drycleaning bill.

If we get to choose who the naked people are, I'm signing up
early.
{Making list in head: Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansson, Adriana
Lima...and I'll have to throw in a token, really fat and
disgusting guy so I'll be the logical choice for all the
women!}

'fraid you don't get the choice. Â*You've got to include Roseanne
Barr, Rosy O'Donnell, and the ancient White House Reporter. Â*Oh,
and Michael Moore.

Don't forget Nancy Pelosi.

And you would be snuggling up to this
one:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/Foxnews.jpg

Nah, with you here this is more

useful...http://www.amazon.com/Arguing-Idiots...ment/dp/141659...

Judging by the title of the link, I feel it safe to assume that this
could be your own personal website. As a result of that evaluation I
'll waste no time clicking on it.

You are dumb enough to believe that I own amazon.com.

Think Roboboy's quote applies perfectly to himself. He resents anyone not
like himself. Like most liberals they have no argument except to call all
RACISTS and subverting Freedom of Speech.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Don't forget Nancy Pelosi.

You forgot Nancy Pelosi.... No fear, I have her covered... exposed
really...

On Oct 20, 9:59 am, Robatoy counterfit...wrote:

Judging by the title of the link, I feel it safe to assume that this
could be your own personal website. As a result of that evaluation I
'll waste no time clicking on it.

You are dumb enough to believe that I own amazon.com.

He only pretends to be dumb to somehow **** you off...

Anyway, here is a good link to Nancy. See if you can pick her out, be
careful not to get confused with Robocop, they have a striking similarity:-)

http://jbstein.com/Flick/Lips.jpg

--
Jack
Got Change: USA ===== USSA!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 20, 12:56*pm, evodawg wrote:

Think Roboboy's quote applies perfectly to himself. He resents anyone not
like himself. Like most liberals they have no argument except to call all
RACISTS and subverting Freedom of Speech.

Show evidence of that, and I will try to take you seriously.
Other than that, go stand over there and admire Beck.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Oct 20, 12:26Â*am, Mark & Juanita wrote:

RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 18, 5:55Â*am, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

[...]

Oh wow, tough guy. Bet you're shacking like a leaf. hahahahahaha Boboboy get
over yourself, please!!!
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Website Address http://rentmyhusband.biz/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

On Oct 20, 12:56Â*pm, evodawg wrote:

Think Roboboy's quote applies perfectly to himself. He resents anyone not
like himself. Like most liberals they have no argument except to call all
RACISTS and subverting Freedom of Speech.

Show evidence of that, and I will try to take you seriously.
Other than that, go stand over there and admire Beck.

Naw would rather watch him on Fox. What time is he on?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Website Address http://rentmyhusband.biz/

Posted to rec.woodworking

And you would be snuggling up to this one:http://i123.photobucket..com/albums/...oy/Foxnews.jpg

Nah, with you here this is more useful...http://www.amazon.com/Arguing-Idiots...ment/dp/141659...

Judging by the title of the link, I feel it safe to assume that this
could be your own personal website. As a result of that evaluation I
'll waste no time clicking on it.

You are dumb enough to believe that I own amazon.com.

Thought never crossed my mind. Do you have to ****ing own GMAIL to
have a ****ing account there? Well, do you, punk?

Dumbass, you're the one who thinks I own Amazon.com. You really *are*
a stupid as you come across as being.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:59:37 -0400, Jack Stein
wrote:

He only pretends to be dumb to somehow **** you off...

As compared to you? You don't have to pretend to be dumb, it comes
naturally to you and is aptly demonstrated every time you post here.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 20, 11:59*am, Jack Stein wrote:
wrote:
Don't forget Nancy Pelosi.

You forgot Nancy Pelosi.... *No fear, I have her covered... exposed
really...

And you would be snuggling up to this one:http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/Foxnews.jpg
Nah, with you here this is more useful...http://www.amazon.com/Arguing-Idiots...ment/dp/141659...

On Oct 20, 9:59 am, Robatoy counterfit...wrote:

* Judging by the title of the link, I feel it safe to assume that this

could be your own personal website. As a result of that evaluation I
'll waste no time clicking on it.

You are dumb enough to believe that I own amazon.com.

He only pretends to be dumb to somehow **** you off...

Anyway, here is a good link to Nancy. *See if you can pick her out, be
careful not to get confused with Robocop, they have a striking similarity:-)

http://jbstein.com/Flick/Lips.jpg

C: Pelosi
E: Robodumbass
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

WOW!!! O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L.!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave in Houston wrote:
wrote in message

Nah, with you here this is more useful...
http://www.amazon.com/Arguing-Idiots...f=cm_lmf_tit_1

Fabulous marketing ploy putting the Chief Idiot In Charge right on
the cover!

Dave in Houston

Well, the book IS #2 on the NYT Best Seller List
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/books/bestseller/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 17, 7:24*pm, Dan Coby wrote:
John Grossbohlin wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Oct 17, 8:36 am, "Leon" wrote:
I guess it is official now. I recall some one here mentioning that
the end
was probably near some months back. Apparently the end has come and
gone.
This past Spring the 21st and last season was shot endign with a 2 part
series on building a desk. The NYW web site will remain open, at
least for
a while, and Norm will still be seen on TOH.

LRod, you can finally give it a rest. LOL

I find it kind of odd that they wont keep the show running with a new
host. *Have Norm make guest appearances, etc. *This Old House has had
major changes with hosts over the years and it's still going strong.

It's the new "GREEN" culture now. *Build stuff out of trees. * *BAD....

If taken to it's logical conclusion quality woodworking is the ultimate
green hobby... the "trees" can last potentially forever as a fine piece
of furniture whereas in the woods the tree would die, fall down and rot
away. ;~)

John

You can also mention that trees are a renewable resource and that they are
solar powered.

Dan.

Do that with all the people who prefer plastic bags while shopping,
too. Or people who want to buy $200 devices to read ebooks because
cutting down trees to make paper isn't green, as if building
electronic devices is (but this is on a par with those who think it's
green to pour concrete inside of stay-in-place plastic foam forms when
housebuilding). People do not bother to think it through, but,
instead, jump on the first wagon that rolls by.