Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is there any value in an old 3 HP Rockwell planer?

I bought two chunks of metal from some small woodworking factory. I
bought them for $20 because I liked the 3 HP 1725 RPM 1 phase
motor. But then the guy told me that it is a Rockwell planer and that
something is wrong with it but it should be minor. Because of the
small amount of money I paid, I believe that guy 100% (he had no
reason to lie, IOW). For now I only picked up the motor part (base),
but can come back for the second top part with cutters.

So my question is, is there some value in an old somewhat broken
Rockwell planer, or should I just take the 1 phase motor out and use
it for my own purposes?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2009-10-06, Michael Kenefick wrote:
Keep it all together. sell it on www.owwm.org BOYD page. Mike in Ohio

Thanks.

I used owwm.com in the past, but I am not sure what is that BOYD
forum.

Thanks

Ignoramus14280 wrote:
I bought two chunks of metal from some small woodworking factory. I
bought them for $20 because I liked the 3 HP 1725 RPM 1 phase
motor. But then the guy told me that it is a Rockwell planer and that
something is wrong with it but it should be minor. Because of the
small amount of money I paid, I believe that guy 100% (he had no
reason to lie, IOW). For now I only picked up the motor part (base),
but can come back for the second top part with cutters.

So my question is, is there some value in an old somewhat broken
Rockwell planer, or should I just take the 1 phase motor out and use
it for my own purposes?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Never mind, I found it. Thanks.

igor

Posted to rec.woodworking

The most similar in appearance seems to be this one:

http://www.owwm.com/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=6394

at least looking at the bottom part.

Posted to rec.woodworking

It is the buy, sell, trade, classified page. Bring Out Your Dead.