Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Kenefick Michael Kenefick is offline

Default Is there any value in an old 3 HP Rockwell planer?

Keep it all together. sell it on www.owwm.org BOYD page. Mike in Ohio

Ignoramus14280 wrote:
I bought two chunks of metal from some small woodworking factory. I
bought them for $20 because I liked the 3 HP 1725 RPM 1 phase
motor. But then the guy told me that it is a Rockwell planer and that
something is wrong with it but it should be minor. Because of the
small amount of money I paid, I believe that guy 100% (he had no
reason to lie, IOW). For now I only picked up the motor part (base),
but can come back for the second top part with cutters.

So my question is, is there some value in an old somewhat broken
Rockwell planer, or should I just take the 1 phase motor out and use
it for my own purposes?