Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Grinder Stand

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
"Puckdropper" wrote:

I've been thinking about building free standing stand for my bench
grinder.

Know somebody who can do some welding for you, maybe in exchange for some
woodworking?

Neatest grinder stand I ever saw consisted of an old tire rim as a base
with some 1/4" plate pieces and a piece of 2" pipe for the riser.

Stable but could be moved if necessary and ignored grinding dust.

Just a thought.

Lew

Along this same line is to use a semi truck brake drum, not too large in
diameter
and very heavy(stable). Truck repair shops will usually let you have them
for scrap
price as they are otherwise useless.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

Along this same line is to use a semi truck brake drum, not too large in
diameter
and very heavy(stable). Truck repair shops will usually let you have them
for scrap
price as they are otherwise useless.

basilisk

I'm the mechanic for our house, too, and I use regular car discs for
this kind of thing (and exact thing) all the time.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Grinder Stand Kevin Woodworking 2 September 8th 09 04:54 PM
Grinder Stand Puckdropper[_2_] Woodworking 0 September 8th 09 05:36 AM
Grinder Stand Lee Michaels Woodworking 0 September 8th 09 03:19 AM
Grinder Stand Lew Hodgett[_5_] Woodworking 0 September 8th 09 03:17 AM
Grinder Stand notbob Woodworking 0 September 8th 09 02:52 AM