Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Grinder Stand

On 08 Sep 2009 00:38:33 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

I've been thinking about building free standing stand for my bench grinder.
One design I've been thinking about is a 4-sided tapered tower. It would
be about 10" on the bottom, and angle down to around 7" at the top.

First question: Why?

Second question: No really, why?

Why make it 10 times more difficult than it needs to be?

Why give up storage space under the grinder? I have a drawer for all
the sharpening related stuff and the rest is loaded up with turning
blanks.

If you ever want to mount something like the oneway grinding jig you
need a platform under the wheels to mount to.

-Kevin

Grinder Stand Lee Michaels Woodworking 0 September 8th 09 03:19 AM
Grinder Stand Lew Hodgett[_5_] Woodworking 0 September 8th 09 03:17 AM
Grinder Stand notbob Woodworking 0 September 8th 09 02:52 AM
Lidl angle grinder stand The Medway Handyman UK diy 23 April 12th 09 09:32 AM
FA: such a deal - stand to make a 4.5 inch cheapie angle grinder into a cutoff tool William B Noble (don't reply to this address) Metalworking 3 February 26th 06 05:12 PM