Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Grinder Stand

Limp Arbor wrote in
:

On Sep 7, 8:38*pm, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
I've been thinking about building free standing stand for my bench
grinde

r. *
One design I've been thinking about is a 4-sided tapered tower. *It
wou

ld
be about 10" on the bottom, and angle down to around 7" at the top.

If I wanted to work with mitered corners (no box joints this time,
Lew), would it simply be a matter of cutting them to complementary
angles on th

saw when I make the tapered pieces?

Would there be enough support to prevent tipping? *

Probably not, check the specs on this stand. The tray halfway up is a
little bigger than 12 x 12.
http://toolsbestshop.com/index.php?k...and-HD&Search=
Search&Itemid=1&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.br owse

Looks like the base is around 14x14 (just a guesstimate.) That's about
twice the area I had planned for. At that size, I'd be worried about the
base being so far out it's difficult to get to the tool. I guess that's
why cabinets have toe kicks, though.

You need to build one of these bad boys
http://www.woodmagazine.com/ideas/wo...-shop-52/?page
=10

That's got potential (for someone else's shop) especially if the tops are
the same height as the table saw! The tools could hide away nicely, and
there'd be plenty of infeed/outfeed tables.

Luckily for me my grinder fit nicely between the two garage door
tracks so I just mounted it there on a reinforced shelf.

Hey, that's not a bad idea! If I had some spare wall space, that'd be an
easy way to go.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking

Grinder Stand Kevin Woodworking 2 September 8th 09 04:54 PM
Grinder Stand Lee Michaels Woodworking 0 September 8th 09 03:19 AM
Grinder Stand Lew Hodgett[_5_] Woodworking 0 September 8th 09 03:17 AM
Grinder Stand notbob Woodworking 0 September 8th 09 02:52 AM
Lidl angle grinder stand The Medway Handyman UK diy 23 April 12th 09 09:32 AM