Ah10201

Default having a problem with stain!

hi everyone...

I glued a half-lap joint together. However, when it came down to staining, the
stain was unable to fully penetrate the areas where the excess glue squirted
out. I tried sanding, but that didn't help and the edges where there was excess
glue stained to a much lighter color than the rest of the piece. Is there
anything I can do to get rid of the excess glue?

thank you for the help
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Ah10201 wrote:
hi everyone...

I glued a half-lap joint together. However, when it came down to staining, the
stain was unable to fully penetrate the areas where the excess glue squirted
out. I tried sanding, but that didn't help and the edges where there was excess
glue stained to a much lighter color than the rest of the piece. Is there
anything I can do to get rid of the excess glue?

thank you for the help

Wyle E. Coyote recommends "Acme glue remover". Be careful with the fuse
length, however. grin

Seriously, a lot depends on "what kind of glue" it was,
George

If it's oil-based finish, use standard art oil colors to tint your own. If
water-based, acrylics work.

"Joe Willmann" wrote in message
.17...

Get a verrrrrry fine artist brush. Get some tinted poly. Very
carefully paint some on over the light spots. Let dry. Sand very
lightly. Repeat till teh color is right. Then get a verry lightly
tinted poly and put a coat over everything. Repeat.

Or TransTint dyes.