Conan the Librarian

Default having a problem with stain!

(Ah10201) wrote in message ...

hi everyone...

I glued a half-lap joint together. However, when it came down to staining, the
stain was unable to fully penetrate the areas where the excess glue squirted
out. I tried sanding, but that didn't help and the edges where there was excess
glue stained to a much lighter color than the rest of the piece. Is there
anything I can do to get rid of the excess glue?

You might want to ask "LRod" in the thread "Norm's mahagany [sic]
finish". He seems to have a lot of inside info on Nahm, and I'm
betting that Nahm runs into the same sort of problem all the time.

Chuck Vance
Just say (tmPL) And while you're at it, ask about Nahm's magical
glue sponges. They evidently remove all the squeezeout, no matter how
much glue you slop on the joint.