Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Attitude chair

The designer says this:

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Enough with trying to reform teenagers.
Here's a design by Deger Cengiz called the "Attitude Chair," which he says,
"is developed for teens with attitude; prevents falling when the chair is
tipped back." Someone's gotta watch out for those punks."

http://static.thefrisky.com/images/u...tude-chair.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

HeyBub wrote:
The designer says this:

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Enough with trying to reform teenagers.
Here's a design by Deger Cengiz called the "Attitude Chair," which he says,
"is developed for teens with attitude; prevents falling when the chair is
tipped back." Someone's gotta watch out for those punks."

http://static.thefrisky.com/images/u...tude-chair.jpg

Umm - I thought that's what rocking chairs were designed for...

This design might work better if the extra legs were made longer and
were attached at the top of the back, and a bit of diagonal bracing
between front and back legs might increase longevity (of the chair).

Walks away muttering about the futility of trying to make /anything/
kid-proof

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
The designer says this:

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Enough with trying to reform
teenagers. Here's a design by Deger Cengiz called the "Attitude
Chair," which he says, "is developed for teens with attitude;
prevents falling when the chair is tipped back." Someone's gotta
watch out for those punks."
http://static.thefrisky.com/images/u...tude-chair.jpg

Umm - I thought that's what rocking chairs were designed for...

This design might work better if the extra legs were made longer and
were attached at the top of the back, and a bit of diagonal bracing
between front and back legs might increase longevity (of the chair).

I agree with your observation. I just posted the design here so folks could
improve upon it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 13, 3:12*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
The designer says this:

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Enough with trying to reform teenagers.
Here's a design by Deger Cengiz called the "Attitude Chair," which he says,
"is developed for teens with attitude; prevents falling when the chair is
tipped back." Someone's gotta watch out for those punks."

http://static.thefrisky.com/images/u...tude-chair.jpg

Y'know, if you *really* lean back in that thing you'll give yourself a
concussion at least - the fulcrum changes, shortening the radius of
the arc described by one's noggin, thereby increasing the velocity by
conservation of angular momentum. I imagine it could be lethal if
you're really tall
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jim" wrote in message
On Aug 13, 3:12 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
The designer says this:

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Enough with trying to reform teenagers.
Here's a design by Deger Cengiz called the "Attitude Chair," which he
says,
"is developed for teens with attitude; prevents falling when the chair is
tipped back." Someone's gotta watch out for those punks."

http://static.thefrisky.com/images/u...tude-chair.jpg

Y'know, if you *really* lean back in that thing you'll give yourself a
concussion at least - the fulcrum changes, shortening the radius of
the arc described by one's noggin, thereby increasing the velocity by
conservation of angular momentum. I imagine it could be lethal if
you're really tall

=======
Or if the wheelie bar collapses. That could be a liability nightmare of
itself.

I say leave it alone. The smarter ones will catch on soon enough.