Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Neader or Normite tool?

Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's fixed,
rather than spinning, blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 8, 7:30*am, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:
Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's fixed,
rather than spinning, blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Norm.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's fixed,
rather than spinning, blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Norm.

RonB

Ya think? It reminds me of a four surface planer we had in a mill I
worked in once upon a time. Spit out a ton of shavings. Would'a made
Norm proud.
time traveler,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's fixed,
rather than spinning, blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Norm.

RonB

Ya think? *It reminds me of a four surface planer we had in a mill I
worked in once upon a time. *Spit out a ton of shavings. *Would'a made
Norm proud.
* * * * time traveler,
* * * * jo4hn

While you're back there in you time capsule, see if you can find that
Makita vibrating knife thicknesser. It looked a bit like a jointer....
I'd say about 25 years ago?

Oh, and while you're there, find me that brunette on the Toronto
Subway and get her phone number for me, 'k?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's
fixed,
rather than spinning, blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Pretty cool. A powered smoother plane. The stock would need to be already
jointed flat and straight, and just needs a finishing pass.

Norm.

Definitely.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's
fixed,
rather than spinning, blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Pretty cool. A powered smoother plane. The stock would need to be
already jointed flat and straight, and just needs a finishing pass.

Norm.

Definitely.

Stationary blade?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
wrote:
Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's
fixed,
rather than spinning, blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Pretty cool. A powered smoother plane. The stock would need to be already
jointed flat and straight, and just needs a finishing pass.

Norm.

Definitely.

Stationary blade?

Made a single long shaving.

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Stationary blade?

Made a single long shaving.

Quarter sawn veneer plane. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
m...
Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's fixed,
rather than spinning, blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Is it even a contest??? A 1/2 ton, single purpose machine costing at least
$25,000 with a large shop-hogging footprint , vs. a couple of hundred bucks
for a decent, forget that, a *good* hand plane.

Norm. Period.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in
m:

Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's
fixed, rather than spinning, blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Definitely Norm!

And he'd do at least two shows on creating an infeed/outfeed table for it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe" wrote in message

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
m...
Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's fixed,
rather than spinning, blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Is it even a contest??? A 1/2 ton, single purpose machine costing at least
$25,000 with a large shop-hogging footprint , vs. a couple of hundred
bucks for a decent, forget that, a *good* hand plane.

....and you cannot use the machine with a shooting board which adds a huge
amount of utility to the bench plane. ;~)

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

This is posted by the solidwoodmachinery guys in Canada. They still
sell this or newer industrial sized versions. I hope to someday soon
buy one of the swing chisel mortisers that they sell (used). I want
one bad!!!

Go to the used machinery page, then the mortiser page and they have a
video. It looks like a download streem so I didn't put a link.

On Aug 8, 5:30*am, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:
Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's fixed,
rather than spinning, blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
While you're back there in you time capsule, see if you can find that
Makita vibrating knife thicknesser. It looked a bit like a jointer....
I'd say about 25 years ago?

Oh, and while you're there, find me that brunette on the Toronto
Subway and get her phone number for me, 'k?

You mean Jennie!?

She used to live in the 416 but once she moved to the 905 I kinda lost touch
.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 11:44:32 -0500, the infamous -MIKE-
scrawled the following:

wrote:
Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's
fixed,
rather than spinning, blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Pretty cool. A powered smoother plane. The stock would need to be
already jointed flat and straight, and just needs a finishing pass.

Norm.

Definitely.

Stationary blade?

Bigass Normish hand plane with a conveyor belt on the bottom to push
material through. Pretty cool, but you couldn't hear the "scritch" of
the blade cutting through wood as you used it. D- overall.

---