Posted to rec.woodworking

Default joiner/planer combo

my opinion I would buy the G0586 8" jointer for $650 and get a 12"
desktop planer dwalt maybe.

Short tables on jointer are really not a great idea. Yes it would be
nice to have a 10" capacity for jointing but that is much more rare
(at least for me) than wanting to get a good flat edge on a long
board, where the long table is essential.

Matters somewhat on what you do.

For changing baldes on any mid level machine just get a good magnetic
fixture.

On Aug 4, 6:09*pm, bumhead wrote:
Please need your advise on new joiner and plane for my shop.
Was looking online at the Grizzly G0675 combo. *

One of the most important things is ease of changing and aligning new
blades. *

Your input appreciated.

George *(aka Bumhead)