Posted to rec.woodworking

Default joiner/planer combo

"bumhead" wrote in message
Please need your advise on new joiner and plane for my shop.
Was looking online at the Grizzly G0675 combo.

One of the most important things is ease of changing and aligning new
blades.

Your input appreciated.

George (aka Bumhead)

So if the machine produced lousy results it would be ok as long as the
blades were easy to change?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Of course not. I want a tool that produces quality results.
However, the Rigid joiner I had was a real pain to align new blades.

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 22:45:52 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"bumhead" wrote in message
.. .
Please need your advise on new joiner and plane for my shop.
Was looking online at the Grizzly G0675 combo.

One of the most important things is ease of changing and aligning new
blades.

Your input appreciated.

George (aka Bumhead)

So if the machine produced lousy results it would be ok as long as the
blades were easy to change?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"bumhead" wrote:

Of course not. I want a tool that produces quality results.
However, the Rigid joiner I had was a real pain to align new blades.

Were you using the magnetic set up gauge designed specifically for
joiners?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"bumhead" wrote in message
Of course not. I want a tool that produces quality results.
However, the Rigid joiner I had was a real pain to align new blades.

I think ease of changing blades should only be a deciding factor after all
other qualifications have been met.

Advice on old deck- joiner vs planer [email protected] Woodworking 13 May 17th 18 11:44 PM
Rent a Planer/Joiner for an hour in Seattle? [email protected] Woodworking 2 April 23rd 07 06:04 PM
8" jointer or a combo jointer/planer machine? [email protected] Woodworking 1 March 13th 05 05:31 AM
re planer/joiner mike hide Woodworking 2 January 11th 05 05:44 AM
carbide planer blades for delta 22-580 (13" planer) todd the wood junkie Woodworking 6 September 10th 04 08:16 PM