Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I got to play Norm for a day

A site I sell through is having a contest to make an ad for them, so I
put together a little video for it. Unlike Norm though I had to do
everything myself, which meant a lot of setting up of tripods and
lighting for 30 seconds of action.

It was an excuse to get a new camera that can record in HD, and I have
to say while for the most part I don't care too much about HD it
really makes a huge difference for something like this. Usually you
can't tell all that much about the quality of the work, even if they
go in for a tight shot, in standard definition, but in my source
material it's like the real thing is right in front of you. The cable
companies compress it to hell so it's not all that much better, but I
do see some potential there for much better instructional videos.

Anyhow, here is a low res version of the video on the contest site,
which I appreciate you going to see as the number of views I get helps
me get into the next round. But first, let's take a moment to talk
about shop safety. Be sure to read, understand, and follow all the...

http://etsy.tv/video/Handmade-Etsy

And here is a higher resolution version, and you can download the full
720P version through a link on the bottom right if you're so inclined,
though you may not have the right codec to play it.

http://vimeo.com/5602629

I did feel a strong desire to use a few brads until the glue set on
something in the video, but the opportunity didn't present itself.

-Kevin

Posted to rec.woodworking

Kevin wrote:

A site I sell through is having a contest to make an ad for them, so I
put together a little video for it. Unlike Norm though I had to do
everything myself, which meant a lot of setting up of tripods and
lighting for 30 seconds of action.

.... snip
-Kevin

Neat. Good luck to you on your entry

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:56:02 -0500, "
wrote:

Very cool, Kevin.

Thanks for looking!

-Kevin
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 20:53:30 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Kevin wrote:

A site I sell through is having a contest to make an ad for them, so I
put together a little video for it. Unlike Norm though I had to do
everything myself, which meant a lot of setting up of tripods and
lighting for 30 seconds of action.

... snip
-Kevin

Neat. Good luck to you on your entry

Thank you!

-Kevin

Is anyone else getting fed up with Norm? Vic Baron Woodworking 91 September 5th 08 04:45 PM
Yes, Mr. 199. etc., There Is A Norm Xylem Woodworking 1 December 17th 05 03:56 AM
Norm robo hippy Woodturning 18 November 12th 05 02:38 PM
Who is Norm? bkr Woodworking 38 January 19th 05 04:03 PM
OK. So I can be ok with not being Norm?? Mike W. Woodworking 34 June 4th 04 02:42 PM