bkr

Default Who is Norm?

So I've seen the name Norm mentioned on several threads and I just have
to ask, who is this person?

bkr
Bill Otten

It's Norm Abrams, television's carpenter on the "This Old House" series, and
woodworker in "The New Yankee Workshop". Much more revered here than Tim
Taylor of Tool Time.

bill

"bkr" wrote in message
So I've seen the name Norm mentioned on several threads and I just have to
ask, who is this person?

bkr

Lawrence L'Hote

"bkr" wrote in message
So I've seen the name Norm mentioned on several threads and I just have to
ask, who is this person?

bkr

seeum @
http://home.mchsi.com/~larrylhote/Myhero.jpg

Larry
--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO

Jeff P.

You don't know who Norm is? The holiest of holies? The deacon of dust?
Well, you just skedaddle on over to www.newyankee.com and do some studying.

--
Jeff P.

"A ship carrying blue paint collided with a ship carrying red paint. The
crew are believed to be marooned."

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

"bkr" wrote in message
So I've seen the name Norm mentioned on several threads and I just have
to ask, who is this person?

bkr

RicDemars

sounds like a troll question
Leon

"bkr" wrote in message
So I've seen the name Norm mentioned on several threads and I just have to
ask, who is this person?

bkr

He is a famous model for "Long Sleeve Plaid Flannel Shirts".

jo4hn

Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

seeum @
http://home.mchsi.com/~larrylhote/Myhero.jpg

throb. pulsate.
f/256

"bkr" wrote in message
So I've seen the name Norm mentioned on several threads and I just have
to ask, who is this person?

That's exactly what I ask my wife (about another person), she keeps telling
Martha this Martha that, so I ask her Martha who?

Lee Gordon

That's exactly what I ask my wife (about another person), she keeps
telling
Martha this Martha that, so I ask her Martha who?

Except that Norm is known for wearing plaid. Martha is wearing stripes.

Lee

Lee Gordon

A fellow fisherman.

Jeff P.

Anyone?....Anyone other than Robatoy?....OK, OK, Robatoy, can you tell us
who Norm is?

--
Jeff P.

"A ship carrying blue paint collided with a ship carrying red paint. The
crew are believed to be marooned."

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
(J T) wrote:

Mon, Jan 17, 2005, 7:43am
(bkr) asks:
So I've seen the name Norm mentioned on several threads and I just have
to ask, who is this person?

You didn't ask, so apparently you already know who Roy and Bob are.
And Red.

I know, I know, I know...*jumping up and down* pick MEEE, I know!!

Luigi Zanasi

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:27:15 -0500, Silvan wrote:

Red?

Green
--
Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yknet" for current real email address

Ray

In case you haven't noticed, I'm new to this group and newsgroups in
general. What is the point of a troll? Are they trying to build a thread
to collect email addresses or just someone with nothing better to do?

"RicDemars" wrote in message
sounds like a troll question

JeffB

Others have pointed out Norm Abrams TV shows, web site, etc. However, to read
between the line of your question - in this group Norm is alluded to (by calling
someone a "Normite") as the promoter of any and all power tools as the best way
to work wood. A person of an opposite persuasion - i.e. one who prefers hand
tools - can be referred to as a "Neander". There is, of course, also a middle
ground...

JeffB

mac davis

"RicDemars" wrote in message
sounds like a troll question

usually someone without a life or any social contact, who attracts
attention to themselves by being annoying.. "trolling" for bites to
their bait topics..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Patriarch

Silvan wrote in news:353l1iF4fvlhjU1
@individual.net:

You didn't ask, so apparently you already know who Roy and Bob are.
And Red.

Red?

As in Green. An acquired taste.

Patriarch

Lee Michaels

"JeffB" wrote in message
Others have pointed out Norm Abrams TV shows, web site, etc. However, to

read
between the line of your question - in this group Norm is alluded to (by

calling
someone a "Normite") as the promoter of any and all power tools as the

best way
to work wood. A person of an opposite persuasion - i.e. one who prefers

hand
tools - can be referred to as a "Neander". There is, of course, also a

middle
ground...

What is this middle ground you speak of??

Charlie Self

Glenna responds:

writes:
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:27:15 -0500, Silvan wrote:

Red?

Green

My granddaughters love him!

I have a granddaughter who loves eyebrow rings.

Charlie Self
"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above
that which is expected." George W. Bush
gary

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"JeffB" wrote in message
Others have pointed out Norm Abrams TV shows, web site, etc. However, to

read
between the line of your question - in this group Norm is alluded to (by

calling
someone a "Normite") as the promoter of any and all power tools as the

best way
to work wood. A person of an opposite persuasion - i.e. one who prefers

hand
tools - can be referred to as a "Neander". There is, of course, also a

middle
ground...

What is this middle ground you speak of??

For example, this Saturday, Roy, the Neander of the Neanderers, used some
sort of machine called a Treadle saw, I think; foot powered, but definitely
a mechanical machine!

Gary

Larry Bud

bkr wrote:
So I've seen the name Norm mentioned on several threads and I just

have
to ask, who is this person?

Bob Vila, is that you?

Duane Bozarth

J T wrote:

And Red.

And Baxter?
Duane Bozarth

Dave Hinz wrote:

.... (Red)...

Green. But who is this "bob" of which people speak?

Vilas (original This Old House)
Roger Shoaf

"gary" wrote in message
nk.net...

For example, this Saturday, Roy, the Neander of the Neanderers, used some
sort of machine called a Treadle saw, I think; foot powered, but

definitely
a mechanical machine!

Gary

Sometimes I wonder if Mr. Underhill is silently sponsored by the power tool
companies to remind us how much grunting, sweating and swearing is saved by
using their tools rather than the old way.

Go carbide go!

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:51:49 -0800, the inscrutable "Roger Shoaf"
spake:

"gary" wrote in message
ink.net...

For example, this Saturday, Roy, the Neander of the Neanderers, used some
sort of machine called a Treadle saw, I think; foot powered, but

definitely
a mechanical machine!

Sometimes I wonder if Mr. Underhill is silently sponsored by the power tool
companies to remind us how much grunting, sweating and swearing is saved by
using their tools rather than the old way.

That's called "exercise", BubbaRog.

Go carbide go!

Filthy heathens. Get thee back, 120v Satans!

EAT SOYLENT McD!
----------------------
http://diversify.com People-free Websites

patrick conroy

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

Sometimes I wonder if Mr. Underhill is silently sponsored by the power

tool
companies

My money is on Band-Aid's as the underwriter...

LRod

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:59:34 -0600, Duane Bozarth
wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

... (Red)...

Green. But who is this "bob" of which people speak?

Vilas (original This Old House)

Vila. One "L".

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Duane Bozarth

wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

... (Red)...

Green. But who is this "bob" of which people speak?

Vilas (original This Old House)

Vila. One "L".

Typo...I hit ess'es a los^ht...
Gary

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:51:49 -0800, the inscrutable "Roger Shoaf"
spake:

"gary" wrote in message
link.net...

For example, this Saturday, Roy, the Neander of the Neanderers, used
some
sort of machine called a Treadle saw, I think; foot powered, but

definitely
a mechanical machine!

Sometimes I wonder if Mr. Underhill is silently sponsored by the power
tool
companies to remind us how much grunting, sweating and swearing is saved
by
using their tools rather than the old way.

That's called "exercise", BubbaRog.

Go carbide go!

Filthy heathens. Get thee back, 120v Satans!

ROFLMAO

Gary

LRod

wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

... (Red)...

Green. But who is this "bob" of which people speak?

Vilas (original This Old House)

Vila. One "L".

Typo...I hit ess'es a los^ht...

Ah.

I included the preemptive "one L" since so many people (not you)
insist on using two.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:24:52 -0600, the inscrutable Duane Bozarth
spake:

wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

... (Red)...

Green. But who is this "bob" of which people speak?

Vilas (original This Old House)

Vila. One "L".

Blob Villa.

Typo...I hit ess'es a los^ht...

Google for "Mavis Beacon", young man.

--
I speak 2 languages fluently: English and foul.

Conan the Librarian

Jeff P. wrote:

You don't know who Norm is? The holiest of holies? The deacon of dust?

YM "Prince of Plaid" and "Nattering Nabob of Nailguns"

HTH.

Chuck Vance