Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gloat (ish)

So I have finally arrived at the income level where I can drop $0.5k
on a tool and not be under the credit card burden for nine months...

gloat

Guess I should feel really lucky... most people are experiencing a
much different state of affairs....

Anyhoo, as part of my enjoyment of this unprecedented state of affairs
I picked up a Powermatic Benchtop mortiser for $399 shipped. New.
Looking forward to many years of perfectly square holes!

mini-gloat

D'ohBoy
Posted to rec.woodworking

"D'ohBoy" wrote

Anyhoo, as part of my enjoyment of this unprecedented state of affairs
I picked up a Powermatic Benchtop mortiser for $399 shipped. New.
Looking forward to many years of perfectly square holes!

Square holes???

Doncha know that holes are supposed to be round?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Lee Michaels" wrote in news:00015ee7
:

"D'ohBoy" wrote

Anyhoo, as part of my enjoyment of this unprecedented state of affairs
I picked up a Powermatic Benchtop mortiser for $399 shipped. New.
Looking forward to many years of perfectly square holes!

Square holes???

Doncha know that holes are supposed to be round?

Pervert!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

I had a non-woodworker in my shop a year or so ago. He looked at my
mortiser and said it was a funny looking drill press. I told him what
it was and explained that it drilled square holes. He gave me one of
those "what-the-hell" looks.

I left it at that (Hee-Hee) :^}

RonB