Stephens, Larry V

Default recent problem with Woodwork-L

My apologies to WOODWORK-L and rec.woodworking for the recent problems. The connection between the two has been in place for a very long time and the problem with not making the send on our end private (i.e., limited to subscribers) had simply escaped my attention.

I have been out of town and out of touch for a few days because I have a son in intensive care in Indianapolis, so I was slow to respond when there was a problem. I have now set the send to PRIVATE on our end so only people subscribed to the list can send to it.

That now excludes Mr. Hopkins, by the way.

If this does not fix the problem please contact me and I will respond as soon as I can. I am reading email as often as possible.

Larry V. Stephens
Office of Risk Management

Lost your welcome message?
Send GET WOODWORK-L WELCOME to
for another copy.
Mark Hopkins

First let me say I hope your son is doing well and best wishes for a fast
recovery.

If the list and the newsgroup can peacefully coexist fine. I have no problem
with that at all. I DO have a problem with unsolicited email from A COLLEGE
when I post to a PUBLIC newsgroup.. I have never been a part of your list,
never joined your list and never visited any system under the indiana.edu
domain.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh to forward your responses back to you. I have
recently had a rash of different colleges sending me email (23 of them mind
you) for no other reason than to solicit me to attend. The worst of them all
was AIU with 172 emails. These were all in a 3 month period.

That said, I would like to say I do not wish to receive an email from the
indiana.edu domain in the future when posting to this newsgroup. Exclude me
from everything you have there. UNDERSTAND? In the future, any and all
emails received from your domain will be returned to you.