jester

Default Type of nail to use for T111

Recommended nail to hang T111 on a 2x4 shed?
Better way of phrasing the question... Should I buy a 15 ga. nail
gun... or a larger gun?
Note: Have wife... must justify purchases... you know the drill...
you all have helped before...

Pat Barber

I would either hammer or shoot a 8d nail.
Ring shanked are a better choice....

This is a damn good reason to get a framing nailer...

jester wrote:

Recommended nail to hang T111 on a 2x4 shed?
Better way of phrasing the question... Should I buy a 15 ga. nail
gun... or a larger gun?
Note: Have wife... must justify purchases... you know the drill... you
all have helped before...

Mark

Pat Barber wrote:
I would either hammer or shoot a 8d nail.
Ring shanked are a better choice....

I used Stormguard #6 ring shanks by Maze (Bottom of the page):

http://www.mazenails.com/catalog/cat...GE12&group=SPL

Skinny *******s are a PITA to drive. They don't split siding and they seem to
stay put well.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens, A.K.A.
Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the suspense.
(Gaz, r.moto)

What do you call a man with a nail in his head? mike UK diy 5 March 9th 04 05:25 AM
Nahmie The Brad Nail Gunner - A Song Tom Watson Woodworking 5 December 10th 03 10:28 AM
Nahmie The Brad Nail Gunner Tom Watson Woodworking 0 December 9th 03 09:58 PM
Toronto area lumber? Pick Woodworking 4 November 20th 03 02:29 PM
What TYPE PC 557 is Amazon Shipping Fly-by-Night CC Woodworking 3 July 13th 03 03:56 PM