Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Some Carlin carvin YES, woodworking, sorta, related.

Just having some fun converting grey(gray)scale images to 3D bumpmaps
then carving a slab of Corian with my router so I get, what is called,
a Lithopane.
The dark areas are full 1/2" thickness, the light areas (like the
eyeballs) are 1/32" thern back lit.
the 'positive, is looking at it from the flat side.
The 'carved side shows a lot more detail and is a bit spooky.
The colour original hangs in my office.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...inPositive.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Carvedside.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...nOrig13x19.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Just having some fun converting grey(gray)scale images to 3D bumpmaps
then carving a slab of Corian with my router so I get, what is called,
a Lithopane.
The dark areas are full 1/2" thickness, the light areas (like the
eyeballs) are 1/32" thern back lit.
the 'positive, is looking at it from the flat side.
The 'carved side shows a lot more detail and is a bit spooky.
The colour original hangs in my office.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...inPositive.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Carvedside.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...nOrig13x19.jpg

Very interesting. Will have to show them to my wife as she is a big carlin
fan.

Now just think, a little more technology and you can breathe life into it.
You could have the world's first wise crackin' countertop!