Posted to rec.woodworking

Default bad attempt for humor- woodworking related

To my British Friends,
The discussions about terms used both here and in your country made me
wonder about other differnces. Since you drive on the other side of
the road from the US, does your left tilt table saws go the opposite
direction of our left tilt saws? Perspiring minds want to know.

Marc (and most of my future
posts will be serious, I promise)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"marc rosen" wrote

To my British Friends,
The discussions about terms used both here and in your country made me
wonder about other differnces. Since you drive on the other side of
the road from the US, does your left tilt table saws go the opposite
direction of our left tilt saws? Perspiring minds want to know.

Marc (and most of my future
posts will be serious, I promise)

Nope, but (due to coriolis effect), the blades on table saws do spin in the
opposite direction south of the equator

Ditto for all rotary tools: NEVER try a northen-hemisphere router bit in a
southern-hemisphere router... It's ugly.

Drilling? Foget it....

Cheers!

Gary

Posted to rec.woodworking

Gary wrote:
"marc rosen" wrote

To my British Friends,
The discussions about terms used both here and in your country made me
wonder about other differnces. Since you drive on the other side of
the road from the US, does your left tilt table saws go the opposite
direction of our left tilt saws? Perspiring minds want to know.

Marc (and most of my future
posts will be serious, I promise)

Nope, but (due to coriolis effect), the blades on table saws do spin in the
opposite direction south of the equator

Ditto for all rotary tools: NEVER try a northen-hemisphere router bit in a
southern-hemisphere router... It's ugly.

Drilling? Foget it....

Cheers!

Gary

There is a simple fix for your problem with drilling: Start from beneath
the workpiece and drill upwards. Similarly, Coriolis Effects can
be mitigated by hanging upside down while working.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

Posted to rec.woodworking

marc rosen wrote:
To my British Friends,
The discussions about terms used both here and in your country made me
wonder about other differnces. Since you drive on the other side of
the road from the US, does your left tilt table saws go the opposite
direction of our left tilt saws? Perspiring minds want to know.

Marc (and most of my future
posts will be serious, I promise)

To my American Friends...

Good Question...

Do your trees have boots (our's have trunks)
Do you sit on your homeless people (we sit on our bums)

and if we have a friend who's Randy, we generally try to avoid them!
(Unless their female)

Nowt to do with woodwork, but thought prevoking all the same!

Posted to rec.woodworking

marc rosen wrote:
To my British Friends,
The discussions about terms used both here and in your country made me
wonder about other differnces. Since you drive on the other side of
the road from the US, does your left tilt table saws go the opposite
direction of our left tilt saws? Perspiring minds want to know.

Marc (and most of my future
posts will be serious, I promise)

Taking a holiday broadens the mind.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to rec.woodworking

snip
To my American Friends...

Good Question...

Do your trees have boots (our's have trunks)

We wear boots and put stuff in our trunks, unless we are going swimming,
then we wear our trunks!

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:08:39 -0500, Ron Moore wrote:

So when did Britain end up south of the equator?? Just curious.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

So what did you think the phrase "The sun never sets on the British
Empire" meant?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:08:39 -0500, Ron Moore wrote:

So when did Britain end up south of the equator?? Just curious.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

So what did you think the phrase "The sun never sets on the British
Empire" meant?

God didn't trust the Brits in the dark?

FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

"foggytown" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bill wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:08:39 -0500, Ron Moore wrote:

So when did Britain end up south of the equator?? Just curious.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

So what did you think the phrase "The sun never sets on the British
Empire" meant?

God didn't trust the Brits in the dark?

Who does?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote

There is a simple fix for your problem with drilling: Start from beneath
the workpiece and drill upwards. Similarly, Coriolis Effects can
be mitigated by hanging upside down while working.

Now, you see: THAT is why I hang around here!

If there's something I can't figure out on my own, somebody here is bound to
have the answer.

Cheers!

Gary