Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Proposed SnileyCon

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/TemporaryStuff.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

charlieb wrote:

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/TemporaryStuff.html

Good! Might I suggest submitting it to the browser development groups?

I think there /might/ be enough sarcasm on usenet to merit an emoticon...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 24, 10:45*am, Morris Dovey wrote:
charlieb wrote:
http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/TemporaryStuff.html

Good! Might I suggest submitting it to the browser development groups?

I think there /might/ be enough sarcasm on usenet to merit an emoticon...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Get to work on a sniley/tongue-in-cheek icon, please? I would make my
life a lot easier is such an icon existed.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

Get to work on a sniley/tongue-in-cheek icon, please? I would make my
life a lot easier is such an icon existed.
=================================
I could think of several sarcastic things to say.

But since I lack the proper emoticon, I won't say anything.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Proposed SnileyCon, Snileycon2 and Smearycon

Robatoy's suggestion for a Tongue In Cheek version of the Snileycon

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/TemporaryStuff.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 May 2009 08:21:18 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

Get to work on a sniley/tongue-in-cheek icon, please? I would make my
life a lot easier is such an icon existed.

(:-T)

?

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
charlieb wrote:

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/TemporaryStuff.html

Good! Might I suggest submitting it to the browser development groups?

I think there /might/ be enough sarcasm on usenet to merit an emoticon...

I thought sarcasm was just a given on usenet and didn't require an
emoticon.
You just assume it's there unless otherwise noted..... like ghost
runners. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote in
:

Morris Dovey wrote:
Good! Might I suggest submitting it to the browser development
groups?

I think there /might/ be enough sarcasm on usenet to merit an
emoticon...

I thought sarcasm was just a given on usenet and didn't require an
emoticon.
You just assume it's there unless otherwise noted..... like ghost
runners. :-)

We always had to call the ghost runner explicitly before leaving the
base. :-)

There's enough sarcasm on usenet that an emoticon is required for when
people aren't being sarcastic!

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

There's enough sarcasm on usenet that an emoticon is required for when
people aren't being sarcastic!

Puckdropper

That's true... and I'm being completely serious. ):-|

(there, how's that?)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2009 7:45 AM Morris Dovey spake thus:

charlieb wrote:

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/TemporaryStuff.html

Good! Might I suggest submitting it to the browser development groups?

I think there /might/ be enough sarcasm on usenet to merit an emoticon...

Anyone who requires cutesy smiley faces and such to recognize sarasm,
irony, etc., has a serious lack of comprehension skills.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I think smiley-face emoticons have reached their limit long ago. What we
need now are emoticons that represent hand gestures.

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in message
I think smiley-face emoticons have reached their limit long ago. What we
need now are emoticons that represent hand gestures.

Here's my hand gesture emoticon offering:

,-="""=.
.' `.
( `.
`. `..
,' .'
`. '.
`-. `-.
) `=-.
.' `=-.
.` .`-.
_ ( \ `-.
,' `. `. /`. \
/ `. \ | `. `.
,' `. ) / \ \
/ .'`. `. ) | `. \
,' .' `. `./ \ `. \
,' .' `. \ \ \
,' .' `. \ `. \
,' .' `. ) ) (__.
,' ( `. ) `."""'
_.-' __) `. .
`""'"" `"""""""

Posted to rec.woodworking

A bit labor-intensive, but that's a start.

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote:

Here's my hand gesture emoticon offering:

,-="""=.
.' `.
( `.
`. `..
,' .'
`. '.
`-. `-.
) `=-.
.' `=-.
.` .`-.
_ ( \ `-.
,' `. `. /`. \
/ `. \ | `. `.
,' `. ) / \ \
/ .'`. `. ) | `. \
,' .' `. `./ \ `. \
,' .' `. \ \ \
,' .' `. \ `. \
,' .' `. ) ) (__.
,' ( `. ) `."""'
_.-' __) `. .
`""'"" `"""""""

Now where have I seen that before?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Buddy Matlosz wrote:

I think smiley-face emoticons have reached their limit long ago. What we
need now are emoticons that represent hand gestures.

B.

Excellent idea! Have added several proposed HandGestureCons to the
previous Emoticons

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/TemporaryStuff.html

Any suggestions for improvements - or additions?

Posted to rec.woodworking

charlieb wrote:
Buddy Matlosz wrote:
I think smiley-face emoticons have reached their limit long ago. What we
need now are emoticons that represent hand gestures.

B.

Excellent idea! Have added several proposed HandGestureCons to the
previous Emoticons

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/TemporaryStuff.html

Any suggestions for improvements - or additions?

Live long and prosper!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 14:02:53 -0500, the infamous Morris Dovey
scrawled the following:

charlieb wrote:
Buddy Matlosz wrote:
I think smiley-face emoticons have reached their limit long ago. What we
need now are emoticons that represent hand gestures.

B.

Excellent idea! Have added several proposed HandGestureCons to the
previous Emoticons

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/TemporaryStuff.html

Any suggestions for improvements - or additions?

Live long and prosper!

Or that heinous Vulcan curse "Laugh Loud and Perspire"

--
The only reason I would take up exercising is
so that I could hear heavy breathing again.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Don't look now, Charlie, but I think about half a dozen street gangs just
put out a hit on you.

B.