Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Removing paper pattern

I have a pattern that I put on a piece of birch with Elmer's washable
school glue, I know I should have used my spray can of 3M spray
adhesive. But I can't get the can unclogged (someone know how?) and
needed the patern cut right away. Sooooo, how do I remove the paper
now?

Posted to rec.woodworking

skiparope46 wrote:

I have a pattern that I put on a piece of birch with Elmer's washable
school glue, I know I should have used my spray can of 3M spray
adhesive. But I can't get the can unclogged (someone know how?) and
needed the patern cut right away. Sooooo, how do I remove the paper
now?

Sand it off.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

was heard to mutter:

I have a pattern that I put on a piece of birch with Elmer's washable
school glue. I know I should have used my spray can of 3M spray
adhesive. But I can't get the can unclogged (someone know how?) and
needed the patern cut right away. Sooooo, how do I remove the paper
now? skiparope46

1. Scrape and/or sand.
2. Clean the tip or swap one from another can.

Btw .. On some woods 3M can leave a sticky residue. I used it on a
project that, after removing the paper and sanding, I had to let it
sit for several days. When I returned to the it, a sticky residue had
surfaced and I had to re-sand it completely again.

`Casper

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
adhesive. But I can't get the can unclogged (someone know how?) and
needed the patern cut right away. Sooooo, how do I remove the paper
now?

He might try some hot water to loosen the glue up enough to remove it.

You might be able to purchase a set of tips at a hardware store...

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...22&cat=51&ap=1

Posted to rec.woodworking

skiparope46 wrote:
I have a pattern that I put on a piece of birch with Elmer's washable
school glue, I know I should have used my spray can of 3M spray
adhesive. But I can't get the can unclogged (someone know how?) and
needed the patern cut right away. Sooooo, how do I remove the paper
now?

Ummm...same way as veneer tape? Dampen and rub/scrape off.

dadiOH

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 16, 4:28*pm, skiparope46 wrote:
I have a pattern that I put on a piece of birch with Elmer's washable
school glue,

If it's white glue (PVA adhesive?) then hot water, or hot water/
vinegar mix,
will soften it quickly, and it can be scraped or scrubbed off.

Sandpaper will finish the job after all is dry (but would clog
if you just sandpapered).
Posted to rec.woodworking

"skiparope46" wrote:

Sooooo, how do I remove the paper
now?

No answer to specific question; however, two (2) thoughts come to
mind.

1) Patience is a virtue.
2) Next time, use rubber cement.

Lew