Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Slightly OT - Dripless Caulk Gun

While we were starting our new home my wife "splurged" on a new
dripless caulk gun. I almost croaked when she told me it cost $18 but
my old one was so caked up I just said OK!. As it turns out, after
tons of used during the past few months, 18 bucks was a good
investment. You never have a string of caulk hanging out of the
tube. In fact, thinner material like latex actually sucks back in a
little when you release the trigger. I also believe you get more
distribution from a single trigger pull. In time this thing might pay
for itself in saved caulk, let alone more simple application.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 24, 2:00*pm, RonB wrote:
While we were starting our new home my wife "splurged" on a new
dripless caulk gun. *I almost croaked when she told me it cost $18 but
my old one was so caked up I just said OK!. *As it turns out, after
tons of used during the past few months, 18 bucks was a good
investment. *You never have a string of caulk hanging out of the
tube. *In fact, thinner material like latex actually sucks back in a
little when you release the trigger. *I also believe you get more
distribution from a single trigger pull. *In time this thing might pay
for itself in saved caulk, let alone more simple application.

RonB

As a countertop guy, I use this one the 51000XT. Bought one 30 years
ago. Still going strong.

http://cox-applicators.com/index.php...ts/?category=1

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 24, 2:00 pm, RonB wrote:
While we were starting our new home my wife "splurged" on a new
dripless caulk gun. I almost croaked when she told me it cost $18 but
my old one was so caked up I just said OK!. As it turns out, after
tons of used during the past few months, 18 bucks was a good
investment. You never have a string of caulk hanging out of the
tube. In fact, thinner material like latex actually sucks back in a
little when you release the trigger. I also believe you get more
distribution from a single trigger pull. In time this thing might pay
for itself in saved caulk, let alone more simple application.

The key point being that it only takes a few months to admit the wife
was right about something tool related.

-Kevin
Posted to rec.woodworking

"RonB" wrote in message
While we were starting our new home my wife "splurged" on a new
dripless caulk gun. I almost croaked when she told me it cost $18 but
my old one was so caked up I just said OK!. As it turns out, after
tons of used during the past few months, 18 bucks was a good
investment. You never have a string of caulk hanging out of the
tube. In fact, thinner material like latex actually sucks back in a
little when you release the trigger. I also believe you get more
distribution from a single trigger pull. In time this thing might pay
for itself in saved caulk, let alone more simple application.

RonB

Well I hate to burst your bubble but HomeDepot has been selling their own
"drippless" caulk gun for 10 or so years. When you ease up on the handle
the caulk sucks back up in the tube. It is the CHEAP orange one. You can
identify it by the spring and short rod sticking out of the back of the
lever, it costs about $5.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 18:11:59 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"RonB" wrote in message
[...]

....yup! Got a bunch of 'em (kinda like those magnifiers all over the
house and shop)...only time the caulk *doesn't* stop clean is when
there's an air-bubble in the tube, but I'm not so sure that wouldn't
be the case with an $18 dollar model, either...

cg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 24, 5:48*pm, wrote:
On Apr 24, 2:00 pm, RonB wrote:

While we were starting our new home my wife "splurged" on a new
dripless caulk gun. *I almost croaked when she told me it cost $18 but
my old one was so caked up I just said OK!. *As it turns out, after
tons of used during the past few months, 18 bucks was a good
investment. *You never have a string of caulk hanging out of the
tube. *In fact, thinner material like latex actually sucks back in a
little when you release the trigger. *I also believe you get more
distribution from a single trigger pull. *In time this thing might pay
for itself in saved caulk, let alone more simple application.

The key point being that it only takes a few months to admit the wife
was right about something tool related.

-Kevin

No problem. She told me she was right!

Forced hot air caulk? a Home Repair 6 December 16th 07 01:39 PM
Caulk Bill UK diy 11 June 15th 06 10:39 PM
Removing caulk from "caulk strip" GotBonus Home Repair 1 April 18th 06 12:27 AM
Gap seems big for caulk - help! [email protected] Home Repair 4 November 17th 05 10:52 PM
Window sills: Prime, Paint Caulk or Prime Caulk Paint? Alan Smithee Home Repair 4 April 18th 05 04:03 PM