Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sanding Table

I posted pictures of my sanding table at

http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss194/gwross/

Hope that works. In the closed picture note the velcro patch on the
left front of the top. That is what holds my sanding curtain which
directs air from the lathe to the air cleaner. The furnace filters
are 14 x 25. The cloth bag filter is labeled 12 x 24, but measures
11 1/2 x 23 1/4 at the top frame.

I use it mostly as an air cleaner to catch what escapes the dust
collector, but it works well as a sanding table with the top down.
I calculated the total square inch of the holes to equal the area of
the exhaust port.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Start off the day with a smile and get
it over with.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:06:47 -0400, Gerald Ross
wrote:

I posted pictures of my sanding table at

http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss194/gwross/

Hope that works. In the closed picture note the velcro patch on the
left front of the top. That is what holds my sanding curtain which
directs air from the lathe to the air cleaner. The furnace filters
are 14 x 25. The cloth bag filter is labeled 12 x 24, but measures
11 1/2 x 23 1/4 at the top frame.

I use it mostly as an air cleaner to catch what escapes the dust
collector, but it works well as a sanding table with the top down.
I calculated the total square inch of the holes to equal the area of
the exhaust port.

Nice job. I made a downdraft table years ago that uses three furnace
filters and a 1/5 HP squirrel cage blower. The box sets on lockable
rubber wheels and has a piano-hinge mounted door. Used MDF for the
box, hardboard pegboard for the top (I enlarged all the holes with a
countersink bit). When I made the table I decide to add an
electrical outlet to the side. As it turned out, that outlet proved
very convenient. I set the blower to low speed yet it can clear
dusty air in minutes.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Thanks! The switch on mine is a combination switch/outlet. I agree, it
is convenient.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Start off the day with a smile and get
it over with.

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

wrote:

[...]

Nice work. Nice big blower, too. Thanks for the inspiration. Tom