Mike S.

Default downdraft sanding table

Someone posted pics to abpw a while back of their downdraft table. From the
pics I saved it looked like it had a piano hinge for the top and two filters
that layed flat under the table top. If you read this can you post some
specs on the table size etc.
Thanks

--
Mike S.

Mark Jerde

Mike S. wrote:
Someone posted pics to abpw a while back of their downdraft table.
From the pics I saved it looked like it had a piano hinge for the top
and two filters that layed flat under the table top. If you read this
can you post some specs on the table size etc.
Thanks

It might have been mine. The idea came from an old Woodsmith / ShopNotes
issue someone lent me. I returned it g so I don't have the issue number.

I suggest you look over these plans to make one that gets finer dust than
mine does.
http://www.wood-workers.com/users/ch...irCleaner.html

The top is a 2' x 4' sheet of pegboard. The holes were all drilled out to
increase airflow.

The carcase instructions were
1. Find a squirrel cage motor. Heating / AC people often have them for
free. (Mine was.)
2. Build a box to fit. There should be at least 3" on each side for
good air flow.

HTH.

-- Mark