Posted to rec.woodworking

Default It's a Birdhouse,

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message news:...

"Douglas Johnson" wrote in message
At http://tinyurl.com/cr523o there is a picture of the most recent
project to
come out of my shop and it's very proud creator.

The young gentleman in the photograph is a week short of his third
birthday. He
has been fascinated by grandpa's shop ever since he was able to crawl up
the
stairs. Recently, we have been drilling holes in scrap (always with
safety
glasses) and clamping scrap in vises and with clamps.

About two weeks ago, I decided he was ready to do something real.
Grandpa
precut the pieces and drilled pilot holes for screws. Saturday, we laid
out
the location for holes on the back for mounting and on the front for the
door.
He drilled them with grandpa steadying the drill. Then he spread the
glue where
grandpa said and with a little steadying, drove the screws.

Nope, Grandpa ain't proud.

-- Doug

What a cute kid. And what a great grandpa. Bird house looks good too.
How are you going to finish it? Is grandson going to help?

He will be proud of that birdhouse for the rest of his life. What does
his mom think about all of this?

=======

I showed the picture to my wife. She screamed. "That is SO CUTE! He is
hugging the birdhouse!"

It is a great picture. You should get some copies made and show it around.
Maybe an 8 X 10 glossy to frame and hang someplace. It even has a story to
go with it.

Again, thanks for sharing.