Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Birdhouse paint

What is the best type of paint to use on a birdhouse, for long wear?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:28:59 -0400, wrote:

What is the best type of paint to use on a birdhouse, for long wear?

Exterior paint. Use a primer for better wear. Do not paint the
interior.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
wrote:
What is the best type of paint to use on a birdhouse, for long wear?

Why not make it out of brick?

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve B

wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:
What is the best type of paint to use on a birdhouse, for long wear?

Why not make it out of brick?

--

Larry Wasserman

I was looking for something for a bird feeder. Driving along a canyon road,
and found a Lexus hubcap. Really interesting looking, and in good shape.
Now, if I could find another in good shape, which is doubtful, I could make
a flying saucer looking one by having a top and bottom house.

I just wonder what kind of bird clientele I would have there, though. Some
of the rarer high class birds, or some of the commoners taking advantage of
rent controls.

And then, only some species of birds will reside in a house in close
proximity to another nest.

No matter. I'll just use the one for a bird feeder, but put it so high up
that the Lexus emblem will be visible for the nouve riche upscale ambience
to attract birds on a tight lunch schedule.

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"Steve B" wrote

I was looking for something for a bird feeder. Driving along a canyon
road, and found a Lexus hubcap. Really interesting looking, and in good
shape. Now, if I could find another in good shape, which is doubtful, I
could make a flying saucer looking one by having a top and bottom house.

I just wonder what kind of bird clientele I would have there, though.
Some of the rarer high class birds, or some of the commoners taking
advantage of rent controls.

And then, only some species of birds will reside in a house in close
proximity to another nest.

No matter. I'll just use the one for a bird feeder, but put it so high up
that the Lexus emblem will be visible for the nouve riche upscale ambience
to attract birds on a tight lunch schedule.

If you like hubcaps, there are businesses that collect them and sell them.
People who pick them up from the side of the road go to these places and
sell them. I have seen such businesses in several cities.

You might want to check it out. Or just call a junkyard. But they probably
want top dollar for them.

Posted to rec.woodworking
sweetsawdust

A friend brought me some of the bright orange reflective plywood highway
signs to cut up for a project he was doing. I took the scrap and made 3 bird
housed to put at the end of the drive way as markers (real funky looking).
Birds moved in right away to these and have not moved in to two of my nice
cedar houses just a few feet away. So I would have to say bright orange
reflective plastic is high on the list of bird house coverings.
wrote in message
What is the best type of paint to use on a birdhouse, for long wear?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve B

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"Steve B" wrote

[...]

Oh, I know. The local one is Hubcap Annie. There's just something about
getting a free hubcap, then having to spend $50 for a mate to make a
birdhouse that takes all the fun out of it.

Steve