Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dust collection

The responses to my recent post on handling the chips and such from my
new (to me) planer, leads me to move on getting a decent dust collection
system for the shop. I'm occupying one stall in the garage, so it's
about 12x20. I only have 110 and not as much of that as I need, but
that's another project.

I have a TS, planer, router table set up. The TS and planer have a 4 or
5 inch hose fixture. The RT fence has a 2 inch that I've connected to
the shop vac with modest results.

I need to keep this to a modest investment -- say $200. Any suggestions?

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 3, 6:02*pm, TD Driver
wrote:
The responses to my recent post on handling the chips and such from my
new (to me) planer, leads me to move on getting a decent dust collection
system for the shop. I'm occupying one stall in the garage, so it's
about 12x20. *I only have 110 and not as much of that as I need, but
that's another project.

I have a TS, planer, router table set up. *The TS and planer have a 4 or
5 inch hose fixture. *The RT fence has a 2 inch that I've connected to
the shop vac with modest results.

I need to keep this to a modest investment -- say $200. *Any suggestions?

Larry

build this:
http://home.comcast.net/~rodec/woodw...e_details.html

I use a simple trash can separator lid and my shop vac. works much
better than the vac alone.
Posted to rec.woodworking

TD Driver wrote:
The responses to my recent post on handling the chips and such from my
new (to me) planer, leads me to move on getting a decent dust
collection system for the shop. I'm occupying one stall in the
garage, so it's about 12x20. I only have 110 and not as much of that
as I need, but that's another project.

I have a TS, planer, router table set up. The TS and planer have a 4
or 5 inch hose fixture. The RT fence has a 2 inch that I've
connected to the shop vac with modest results.

I need to keep this to a modest investment -- say $200. Any
suggestions?

A year or so ago one could buy the AP400 Delta ShopMaster dust collector at
Lowes for about $170. It is now discontinued but some browsing might locate
one. Maybe eBay/CraigsList too.

It is supposed to be 650CFM, doubt it is but is entirely adeguate for the
way I use it which is pretty much the same as you except I also use it
(mainly) for a 16" drum sander pickup.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Dust Collection Set up Puckdropper[_2_] Woodworking 11 December 29th 08 08:37 PM
Dust collection Bill Gooch Woodturning 4 June 10th 05 04:01 AM
Best TS for dust collection Matthew Woodworking 13 December 20th 04 03:36 AM
Dust Collection Bob Davis Woodworking 13 January 3rd 04 10:38 PM
Dust collection Kelly ODonald Woodworking 3 November 5th 03 03:36 PM