Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Power for the shop

Sonny wrote:
On Mar 16, 8:30�am, Morris Dovey wrote:
Sonny wrote:
I'm certain his family enjoyed the several jars of home-made
blackberry jelly and fig jam I gave him, also.

Anything else you need done?

LOL. I have lots that need to be done.

It was a rhetorical question - and I like how you show appreciation.

After having explained what I was doing, with the house next door, the
electrician gave me some tips and advice before he came out. Once he
was here, he inspected what I had done, recommended leaving some
things "live" in the garage and old shop, explained several aspects of
code, etc. in relation to what I did and in assisting me with
subequent wiring-related work to be done, later, in the rest of the
shop. He was as dedicated to my concerns as I was.... going the extra
step in doing a good job with me in mind. That warrants a gratuity.
And, surely, he had to have been a professional, since he wore an
impressive-looking tool belt!

Sounds like a "keeper". Hmm - I wonder if a good tool belt would do
anything for my (lack of) plumbing and electrical skills... probably not.

The house had partially burned, so I was able to purchase it cheap.
I've been remodeling it, since then, as a shop. I need help with
heavy lifting, sometimes. I'm doing a little interior work, at the
moment, and will be doing more exterior work, soon, as the weather is
warming up, nicely. I always give a token of appreciation to those
who give an extra hand in assistance.

On another note, I've discovered the property, as a residence, itself,
has a higher tax assessed to it than if I would have the property
enjoined to my home property, creating one larger single residence.
I've learned this is not hard to get done, in my particular
circumstance, and a one-time fee of about $800, for surveying and
legal filing, would result in an overall tax assessment/bill of about
$500 per year less than I am presently paying. And one doesn't have
to be an electrician, impressive tool belt or not, to figure that one
out.

Agreed.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Power for the shop Mike Woodworking 41 March 19th 09 07:39 AM
Power for the shop Sonny Woodworking 0 March 18th 09 03:27 PM
Power for tablesaw in shop? [email protected] Home Repair 28 September 9th 06 01:52 PM
Underground power to the shop bremen68 Woodworking 7 July 8th 05 05:26 PM
Shop Power keith bowers Metalworking 24 August 1st 03 06:18 AM