Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drawing With Ketchup

I've been reading with some interest that some of y'all have been
trying to draw cabinets and such with Ketchup, so I decided to try it
for myself

I found it to be messy and difficult to use for this purpose. Some
customers have also complained that the drawings attracted ants.

The good news is that it is a very Green way of making drawings (even
though they come out Red, which is counterintuitive).

I see that some of my Red State bretheren have become staunch
defenders of this technique, which is understandable, since a previous
Republican administration thought so highly of Ketchup as to include
it in one of the food groups. I'm not sure what they thought about it
as a drawing tool.

It seems that the Dutch-Canadian contingent has firmly rejected
Ketchup, saying that it is not a CAD program, which everyone knows
anyway. What we don't know is whether it is a fruit or a vegetable.
This is perfectly understandable as Canada is too cold to grow
vegetables, so this is obviously a geo-cultural problem that will be
eliminated soon with the advent of global warming.

Then Al Gore will be able to say that he predicted that Ketchup would
take over the global market as a drawing tool long before anyone else.

That being said, I'm confident that we will all be drawing with
Ketchup in the near future because none of us will be able to afford
$2000.00 a seat for AutoCAD, or even the lesser cost of its mildly
retarded cousin - TurboCAD.

Yessir, Ketchup will be the real deal then, especially when the
bailout for the tomato growing agri biz giants gets through congress.

I'll be checking back in then and I'm sure we'll all be arguing the
relative benefits of the individual brands of Ketchup.

I'm a Heinz man, myself.

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote

I'm a Heinz man, myself.

LOL ... good one as usual, Tom.

Give my red/green from Ile Petite Anse, myself ... put's the zing in your
drawings.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
What we don't know is whether it is a fruit or a vegetable.

Technically, a tomato is a fag.

Posted to rec.woodworking

No no Tom, It's S ketchup.

/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2009-03-08, Tom Watson wrote:

customers have also complained that the drawings attracted ants.

I don't know what you folks are talking about, but that's funny!

nb

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

On 2009-03-08, Tom Watson wrote:

customers have also complained that the drawings attracted ants.

I don't know what you folks are talking about, but that's funny!

nb

Funny? You've never had to deal with fire ants?

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2009-03-08, Max wrote:

Funny? You've never had to deal with fire ants?

......and never will! It's cold up here at 7200ft in CO.

(OTOH, it don't stop them damn black widows!)

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"notbob" wrote
On 2009-03-08, Max wrote:

Funny? You've never had to deal with fire ants?

.....and never will! It's cold up here at 7200ft in CO.

(OTOH, it don't stop them damn black widows!)

nb

Low to mid seventies all this week down here in the barren southwest but
we'll be up there this summer.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

Low to mid seventies all this week down here i

Max

Who-the-hell asked you?
..
..
..
..
..
=0)

....from Canuckistan....
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 8, 1:34*pm, Tom Watson wrote:
[...]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._J._Heinz_Company#Canada

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 8, 8:55*pm, Robatoy wrote:
[...]

(For those who don't like clickety-pop... please read our Canuckistani
relationship to the Ketchup Drafting program.)

Heinz was established in Canada in 1908 in a former tobacco factory in
Leamington, Ontario (Tomato Capital of Canada). Most products shipped
from Leamington have English and French labels for distribution
throughout Canada but a substantial amount of product is sent to the
United States. Ketchup is the main product produced there but the
factory also produces Canada Fancy (Grade A) tomato juice, mustard,
vinegar, pickles, baby food, BBQ sauces, canned pastas, beans, pasta
sauces, gravies and soups. Heinz Canada is also the major supplier of
single serving and flexible packaging condiments for most fast food
chains in Canada. Leamington is the largest tomato processing region
per acreage in the world. The Leamington plant usually processes more
than 250,000 tons of tomatos per year. With its unique combination of
climate and rich soil, Leamington is one of the best areas for growing
vegetables in the world. Heinz Canada also has operations in
St.Mary's, Ontario, Calgary, Alberta and Montreal, Quebec.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

This is perfectly understandable as Canada is too cold to grow
vegetables, so this is obviously a geo-cultural problem that will be
eliminated soon with the advent of global warming.

Let's see now, there is a major tomato processing operation in
Leamington and one of the major asparagus growing areas in North
America is just outside Peterborough, the other ones being in Michigan
and California.

The engineer who developed single serving packets of catsup came from
there.

Used his bonus to buy a very neat 43 ft ketch which he kept in the
Leamington harbor.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

Low to mid seventies all this week down here i

Max

Who-the-hell asked you?

Anything below 60F is no longer fit for human habitation.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote:

Low to mid seventies all this week down here i

Max

Who-the-hell asked you?

Anything below 60F is no longer fit for human habitation.

Lew

Spoken like a true southern Californian. BTW: I see that the
weather forecast for your area has a high of 60F for tomorrow.
You may want to get out your down parka.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dan Coby" wrote:

Spoken like a true southern Californian. BTW: I see that the
weather forecast for your area has a high of 60F for tomorrow.
You may want to get out your down parka

Actually an Ohio escapee for the last 20 years.

Still have my down filled parka, just in case, but these days don't
even think about going outdoors until the temps hit 70F.

Life is to short to be uncomfortable.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

I can't recall Gilda Radner's character from whom you may have
borrowed the idea for your funny as hell - as usual - post. Gilda
must be getting a chuckle from your use of that characters
mis-hearing.

Once again - well done sir.

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 8, 11:06*pm, charlieb wrote:
I can't recall Gilda Radner's character from whom you may have
borrowed the idea for your funny as hell - as usual - post. *Gilda
must be getting a chuckle from your use of that characters
mis-hearing.

Once again - well done sir.

As I was chuckling through Tom's post, I have to admit, I was thinking
exactly the same thing. :^)

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseanne_Roseannadanna

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

Heinz was established in Canada in 1908 in a former tobacco factory in
Leamington, Ontario (Tomato Capital of Canada).

Of course Heinz was founded in 1869 in Sharpsburg, 3 miles from my
house, and 2 blocks from where my father grew up. If a restaurant
doesn't have Heinz Ketchup, then the rest of their food is likely to
suck as well.

In other words, Heinz makes the AutoCad of ketchup...

CatSup just don't cut it...

Not even sure CatSup is a food...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

...one of the major asparagus growing areas in North
America is just outside Peterborough, the other ones being in Michigan
and California.

The engineer who developed single serving packets of catsup came from
there.

Catsup is made from asparagus? No wonder I wasn't sure Catsup was a food...

Nothing wrong with asparagus mind you, just doesn't make a very good
ketchup...

Creamed asparagus on toast... OK, creamed asparagus on a hot dog...
Well, I wouldn't waste my time trying it, but Yuck anyway...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack:

Oh boy - The Catsup Advisory Board is going to be on your
ass now!

If you think The Cabal is scary ...

(scratch that. "There is NO Cabal. That's just a myth!"
- he said in a quavering voice, glancing over his shoulder)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Robatoy" wrote in message

Low to mid seventies all this week down here i

Max

Who-the-hell asked you?
.
.
.
.
.
=0)

...from Canuckistan....

Having escaped from Sarnia, Ontario at a relatively young age (17), I
*relish* in reminding folks of how nice the weather is down here.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 9, 4:32*pm, "Max" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Low to mid seventies all this week down here i

Max

Who-the-hell asked you?
.
.
.
.
.
=0)

...from Canuckistan....

Having escaped from Sarnia, Ontario at a relatively young age (17), I
*relish* in reminding folks of how nice the weather is down here.

Max

And where else can you be 1 hour (upwind) from Detroit's Industrial
base/shops/suppliers and 2 1/2 hours from Toronto for plays, dinner, 7
hours from the most beautiful city in the world, Montreal? Cool in the
summer, not too bad in the winter. Miles and miles of nice beaches.
Great yacht clubs all around. Bayfest. Topless freedom for the wimmin
folk. RibFest. $200,000 for a $ 500,000 home. ZERO murders in 2008. 7
MBs download speed so I can download Glen Beck, Bill O'Reilly in
minutes and then drag them to trash.

Life is good.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

On Mar 9, 4:32Â*pm, "Max" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

[...]

I agree with most of that, Sarnia is a nice area, however, Montreal? drive
the extra three hours Quebec City is amazing.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

And where else can you be 1 hour (upwind) from Detroit's Industrial

base/shops/suppliers and 2 1/2 hours from Toronto for plays, dinner, 7
hours from the most beautiful city in the world, Montreal? Cool in the
summer, not too bad in the winter. Miles and miles of nice beaches.
Great yacht clubs all around. Bayfest. Topless freedom for the wimmin
folk. RibFest. $200,000 for a $ 500,000 home. ZERO murders in 2008. 7
MBs download speed so I can download Glen Beck, Bill O'Reilly in
minutes and then drag them to trash.

Life is good.

I tried to sell myself that line for years.

Then I woke up and came to SoCal.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 9, 5:27*pm, FrozenNorth
wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 9, 4:32*pm, "Max" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

[...]

Quebec City is indeed amazing. It doesn't have the Paris, NY, Milan
kinda international buzz that Montreal has though. Just my opinion.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

On Mar 9, 5:27Â*pm, FrozenNorth
wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 9, 4:32Â*pm, "Max" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

[...]

Much better strip clubs in Montreal, I agree.
;-)
--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 9, 6:19*pm, FrozenNorth
wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 9, 5:27*pm, FrozenNorth
wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 9, 4:32*pm, "Max" wrote:

[...]

The legs aren't as hairy as they are in Quebec City..
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Mar 9, 4:32 pm, "Max" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

[...]

I could hear your teeth chattering as you wrote that.
*NO* city is beautiful.
Not bad in the winter?? 70 degrees F. is not bad. Not minus 70.
What good are beaches when they're frozen?
What's a yacht club?
OK. I'll go for the topless women. Ice fishing on Saginaw Bay is Ok too.
We have a low rate of murders for cities this size but Juarez more than
makes up for it.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

The good news is that it is a very Green way of making drawings (even
though they come out Red, which is counterintuitive).

Doesn't Heinz still make a green ketchup?

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

I love it - that's great! You must be a huge Monty python fan!

--
Gregory Paolini Design
www.GregoryPaolini.com

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

hibbing, mn

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave in Houston wrote:
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

The good news is that it is a very Green way of making drawings (even
though they come out Red, which is counterintuitive).

Doesn't Heinz still make a green ketchup?

Dunno but when they did it was not editable... Everyone said it was the
same exact stuff, just a different color... Yuck! It looked terrible and
no matter how much you tried to convince yourself looks alone can't
change the taste, it sure did for me, and even my kids who were the ones
that wanted the stuff.

I thought about doing a blind test to see if there really was a
difference but decided if I couldn't tell the difference, I would quit
enjoying ketchup. Not worth the chance... Might be good for green
drawings, not much else...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Jack Stein" wrote in message
Dave in Houston wrote:
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

The good news is that it is a very Green way of making drawings (even
though they come out Red, which is counterintuitive).

Doesn't Heinz still make a green ketchup?

Dunno but when they did it was not editable...

Jack
http://jbstein.com

Some folks say it wasn't edible.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack Stein wrote:

Dave in Houston wrote:
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

The good news is that it is a very Green way of making drawings (even
though they come out Red, which is counterintuitive).

Doesn't Heinz still make a green ketchup?

Dunno but when they did it was not editable...

Then again, how WOULD you edit ketchup? g

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 10, 5:15*pm, alexy wrote:
Jack Stein wrote:
Dave in Houston wrote:
"Tom Watson" wrote in message
. ..

The good news is that it is a very Green way of making drawings (even
though they come out Red, which is counterintuitive).

* * Doesn't Heinz still make a green ketchup?

Dunno but when they did it was not editable...

Then again, how WOULD you edit ketchup? g
--

Only the red is editable. When you sketch with green... it is not.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote:
hibbing, mn

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

I used to know a girl from Hibbing. Just *what* was her name?

And I almost moved up to Hibbing with a girl back in the mid 70's.
*Her* name is Amy.

Wonder whatever became of her!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack Stein wrote:
Max wrote:

"Jack Stein" wrote in message

Doesn't Heinz still make a green ketchup?

Dunno but when they did it was not editable...

Jack
http://jbstein.com

Some folks say it wasn't edible.

They likely need a better editor... Notepad just doesn't cut it. I
would recommend at least Notepad2, and it's, are you sitting down... FREE.

Notepad? Notepad2? You probably meant EDLIN - it's free too. ;-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
Jack Stein wrote:
Max wrote:

"Jack Stein" wrote in message

Doesn't Heinz still make a green ketchup?

Dunno but when they did it was not editable...

Jack
http://jbstein.com

Some folks say it wasn't edible.

They likely need a better editor... Notepad just doesn't cut it. I
would recommend at least Notepad2, and it's, are you sitting down...
FREE.

Notepad? Notepad2? You probably meant EDLIN - it's free too. ;-)

Not seeing Jack's post for some reason. Had never heard of Notepad2
before--it's NICE.

As for Edlin, who needs edling when you can copy con to a file?

Drawing in Linux Pete Keillor Metalworking 68 February 11th 09 03:56 AM
Drawing plans Lawrence Zarb UK diy 4 June 5th 06 12:45 PM
new infill drawing what do you think? Steve knight Woodworking 2 May 18th 06 05:57 AM
funny drawing softwaScreenPen,drawing directly on screen! [email protected] Metalworking 1 February 4th 06 10:24 PM
drawing tip needed? Craig UK diy 8 March 15th 05 08:10 PM