Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT New "Texas Survivors" season

Due to the popularity of the "Survivor" shows, Texas is planning to do one
entitled, "Survivor, Texas-Style."

The contestants will all start in Dallas , then drive to Waco , Austin , San
Antonio , over to Houston, then down to
Brownsville . They will then proceed up to Del Rio , El Paso , Midland ,
Odessa , Lubbock , and Amarillo .
From there they will go on to Abilene , Fort Worth , and, finally, back to
Dallas .
Each will be driving a pink Volvo with bumper stickers that read:
"I'm Gay,"
"I Love the Dixie Chicks,"
"Boycott Beef,"
"I Voted for Obama,"
"George Strait Sucks,"
"Hillary in 2012," and
"I'm here to confiscate your guns."
The first one to make it back to Dallas alive, wins.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:02:32 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

Due to the popularity of the "Survivor" shows, Texas is planning to do one
entitled, "Survivor, Texas-Style."

The contestants will all start in Dallas , then drive to Waco , Austin , San
Antonio , over to Houston, then down to
Brownsville . They will then proceed up to Del Rio , El Paso , Midland ,
Odessa , Lubbock , and Amarillo .
From there they will go on to Abilene , Fort Worth , and, finally, back to
Dallas .
Each will be driving a pink Volvo with bumper stickers that read:
"I'm Gay,"
"I Love the Dixie Chicks,"
"Boycott Beef,"
"I Voted for Obama,"
"George Strait Sucks,"
"Hillary in 2012," and
"I'm here to confiscate your guns."
The first one to make it back to Dallas alive, wins.

I think that post says things about your fellow Texans that you might
not have intended and many of whom might not appreciate. It also
paints with quite a broad brush a picture of your state that isn't as
attractive as you might think.

There are two or three here on the wreck I would have expected this
sort of thing from--you weren't one of them.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"LRod" wrote in message

I think that post says things about your fellow Texans that you might
not have intended and many of whom might not appreciate. It also
paints with quite a broad brush a picture of your state that isn't as
attractive as you might think.

Come on! Right from the get go, it's obvious that it was intended to be a
joke. Are we all obligated to be so exactly politically correct that the
occasional red neck joke is out of line? And take my word for it, my use of
a wheelchair makes me all too aware of what's appropriate and what isn't.
Most can tell if there's malice behind any statement and there wasn't a
shred of it in Leon's joke.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"LRod" wrote in message
news
I think that post says things about your fellow Texans that you might
not have intended and many of whom might not appreciate. It also
paints with quite a broad brush a picture of your state that isn't as
attractive as you might think.

There are two or three here on the wreck I would have expected this
sort of thing from--you weren't one of them.

Well, I am sorry if it offended you or any one else, I truly am. It was
not aimed at any one in general as Texans fall on both sides of liking/
tolerating and not liking/ not tolerating all of the mentioned. The post
was not politically correct, but Texans are not always politically correct
because we are human, thank goodness.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

"LRod" wrote in message

I think that post says things about your fellow Texans that you might
not have intended and many of whom might not appreciate. It also
paints with quite a broad brush a picture of your state that isn't as
attractive as you might think.

Come on! Right from the get go, it's obvious that it was intended to be a
joke. Are we all obligated to be so exactly politically correct that the
occasional red neck joke is out of line? And take my word for it, my use
of
a wheelchair makes me all too aware of what's appropriate and what isn't.
Most can tell if there's malice behind any statement and there wasn't a
shred of it in Leon's joke.

Bingo!!

Consider the source ... this was from the self styled "emergency management
expert" who loudly denigrated the "Bubba's in bass boats" who were actually
saving lives in Louisiana during the aftermath of Katrina .. something his
"trained experts" proved abysmally incapable of doing.

.... par for the course.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

news
wrote:

Due to the popularity of the "Survivor" shows, Texas is planning to do one
entitled, "Survivor, Texas-Style."

The contestants will all start in Dallas , then drive to Waco , Austin ,
San
Antonio , over to Houston, then down to
Brownsville . They will then proceed up to Del Rio , El Paso , Midland ,
Odessa , Lubbock , and Amarillo .
From there they will go on to Abilene , Fort Worth , and, finally, back to

What a ****ing dickhead ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
Due to the popularity of the "Survivor" shows, Texas is planning to do one
entitled, "Survivor, Texas-Style."

The contestants will all start in Dallas , then drive to Waco , Austin ,
San Antonio , over to Houston, then down to
Brownsville . They will then proceed up to Del Rio , El Paso , Midland ,
Odessa , Lubbock , and Amarillo .
From there they will go on to Abilene , Fort Worth , and, finally, back to
Dallas .
Each will be driving a pink Volvo with bumper stickers that read:
"I'm Gay,"

Quite a few Texans were a long long long time ago.
"I Love the Dixie Chicks,"

I seldom think about the Dixie Chicks.
"Boycott Beef,"

Not me coach.
"I Voted for Obama,"

Lots of Texans did though.
"George Strait Sucks,"

Who?
"Hillary in 2012," and

For what?
"I'm here to confiscate your guns."

Sounds like a good idea to me.
The first one to make it back to Dallas alive, wins.

Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Due to the popularity of the "Survivor" shows, Texas is planning to do one
entitled, "Survivor, Texas-Style."

The contestants will all start in Dallas , then drive to Waco , Austin , San
Antonio , over to Houston, then down to
Brownsville . They will then proceed up to Del Rio , El Paso , Midland ,
Odessa , Lubbock , and Amarillo .
From there they will go on to Abilene , Fort Worth , and, finally, back to
Dallas .
Each will be driving a pink Volvo with bumper stickers that read:
"I'm Gay,"
"I Love the Dixie Chicks,"
"Boycott Beef,"
"I Voted for Obama,"
"George Strait Sucks,"
"Hillary in 2012," and
"I'm here to confiscate your guns."
The first one to make it back to Dallas alive, wins.

I think that post says things about your fellow Texans that you might
not have intended and many of whom might not appreciate. It also
paints with quite a broad brush a picture of your state that isn't as
attractive as you might think.

There are two or three here on the wreck I would have expected this
sort of thing from--you weren't one of them.

What the hell are you talking about?

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

So I guess I'd better remove my
"Nuke The Terrorist Gay Baby Whales"
bumper sticker?

Lighten up. Loosen up.

There are plenty of actually offensive
things going on to cope with - or rant
and rail against.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 1, 4:12*pm, charlieb wrote:
So I guess I'd better remove my
"Nuke The Terrorist Gay Baby Whales"
bumper sticker?

Lighten up. *Loosen up.

There are plenty of actually offensive
things going on to cope with - or rant
and rail against.

like:

Oops.. also in Texas.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Mar 1, 4:12 pm, charlieb wrote:
So I guess I'd better remove my
"Nuke The Terrorist Gay Baby Whales"
bumper sticker?

Lighten up. Loosen up.

There are plenty of actually offensive
things going on to cope with - or rant
and rail against.

like:

Oops.. also in Texas.

Are your referring to the video of the cops beating up the girl in the jail
cell? That was in Washington state, closer to Canada than Texas. ;!)

Regardless, I don't care who you are, if you show aggression towards law
enforcement you are pretty much asking for it. this is pretty much common
sense. It may not be right that they went after her but they are only
human, like her.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Mar 1, 4:12 pm, charlieb wrote:
So I guess I'd better remove my
"Nuke The Terrorist Gay Baby Whales"
bumper sticker?

Lighten up. Loosen up.

There are plenty of actually offensive
things going on to cope with - or rant
and rail against.

like:

Oops.. also in Texas.

Are your referring to the video of the cops beating up the girl in the jail
cell? That was in Washington state, closer to Canada than Texas. ;!)

Regardless, I don't care who you are, if you show aggression towards law
enforcement you are pretty much asking for it. this is pretty much common
sense. It may not be right that they went after her but they are only
human, like her.

While agreeing with everything you say, I'm still mindful of the fact
that it was a 15 year old girl, that there were two trained officers,
and that it's pretty much unnecessary to pin someone down and THEN beat
them to maintain physical control.

Sometimes we're obliged to prove our humanity by exercising adult
judgment and self-control, /especially/ in situations like that shown.

(2 cents)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

like:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7917295.stm

Oops.. also in Texas.

Are your referring to the video of the cops beating up the girl in the jail
cell? *That was in Washington state, closer to Canada than Texas. *;!)

Regardless, I don't care who you are, if you show aggression towards law
enforcement you are pretty much asking for it. *this is pretty much common
sense. *It may not be right that they went after her but they are only
human, like her.

I was agreeing with charlie that there are other offensive things to
rant and rave against.

...and that that kinda **** also happens in Texas....and a lot of other
places..but Texas came to mind first...
Posted to rec.woodworking

About Texans:

In Texas there is a saying that "You can lead a horse to the water. But you
can't make him drink". This pretty much describes most Texans.

But you know that another Texan disproved this addage. Actually Two Texans
disproved this proverb. It took one Texan to hold the horse's head in the
water while the other had to get on the horse's ass and SUCK!!!!

Texans are hardheaded. I know - my dad and mom are from Texas...

Philski (back after a long hiatus from rec.woodworking)

"Leon" wrote in message
Due to the popularity of the "Survivor" shows, Texas is planning to do one
entitled, "Survivor, Texas-Style."

The contestants will all start in Dallas , then drive to Waco , Austin ,
San Antonio , over to Houston, then down to
Brownsville . They will then proceed up to Del Rio , El Paso , Midland ,
Odessa , Lubbock , and Amarillo .
From there they will go on to Abilene , Fort Worth , and, finally, back to
Dallas .
Each will be driving a pink Volvo with bumper stickers that read:
"I'm Gay,"
"I Love the Dixie Chicks,"
"Boycott Beef,"
"I Voted for Obama,"
"George Strait Sucks,"
"Hillary in 2012," and
"I'm here to confiscate your guns."
The first one to make it back to Dallas alive, wins.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Upscale" wrote in message

"LRod" wrote in message

I think that post says things about your fellow Texans that you might
not have intended and many of whom might not appreciate. It also
paints with quite a broad brush a picture of your state that isn't as
attractive as you might think.

Come on! Right from the get go, it's obvious that it was intended to be a
joke. Are we all obligated to be so exactly politically correct that the
occasional red neck joke is out of line? And take my word for it, my use
of
a wheelchair makes me all too aware of what's appropriate and what isn't.
Most can tell if there's malice behind any statement and there wasn't a
shred of it in Leon's joke.

Bingo!!

Ditto, funny with no malice. I'm from Marble Falls, wife is 5th
generation Austinite, she thought it was funny.
The PC crowd.....never mind. If you can't say something nice, say nothing.
You need be able to laugh at yourself.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 1, 1:17*pm, "Leon" wrote:

Well, I am sorry if it offended you or any one else, I truly am. * It was
not aimed at any one in general as Texans fall on both sides of liking/
tolerating and not liking/ not tolerating *all of the mentioned. *

Why would you apologize? I have seen the hugely sensitive LRod ****
hemorrhage enough verbal diarrhea to fill a five gallon bucket if he
thinks someone has said something that might be questionable

about his plaid demigod.

Besides... you've been in the trades long enough to know the old
addage...

"If they can't take a joke, **** 'em."

'nuff said.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 1, 11:00*pm, "philski" wrote:

It took one Texan to hold the horse's head in the
water while the other had to get on the horse's ass and SUCK!!!!

Hmmm.... sounds like a spew from a denizen of the lesser states...

I think it quite odd in my limited travels that I have had to hear
from all the open minded folks in New Mexico, Nevada, California etc.,
that in their "open mindedness" they have such negative opinions about
Texas. (I have found many Oklamhomans to be just like Texans, so they
don't count.)

Most have never been here, and they aren't really sure why, but they
many seem to have strong, negative, vocal opinions they simply must
share.

Strange, too. You would think listening to them that we Texans
would be the judgmental folks with big mouths ready to **** blast
anyone within range about another's State. Never met more
opinionated, judgmental folks in my life (except in Dallas) than when
I left the borders here.

Get a group of Californians ragging on Texas (even though they haven't
personally been here, they all seem to "know" someone from here - and
hearsay seems to qualify as personal experience for many)
and you can't get a word in edgewise from all the whining.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Mar 1, 1:17 pm, "Leon" wrote:

Well, I am sorry if it offended you or any one else, I truly am. It was
not aimed at any one in general as Texans fall on both sides of liking/
tolerating and not liking/ not tolerating all of the mentioned.

Why would you apologize?

I did not want to explain that there really was no Easter Bunny. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

While agreeing with everything you say, I'm still mindful of the fact that
it was a 15 year old girl, that there were two trained officers, and that
it's pretty much unnecessary to pin someone down and THEN beat them to
maintain physical control.

Agreed! Basically they lowered themselves to her level and they should have
probably shown more restraint. They simply lowered their guard and acted on
her challange.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"philski" wrote in message
About Texans:

In Texas there is a saying that "You can lead a horse to the water. But
you can't make him drink". This pretty much describes most Texans.

But you know that another Texan disproved this addage. Actually Two Texans
disproved this proverb. It took one Texan to hold the horse's head in the
water while the other had to get on the horse's ass and SUCK!!!!

Texans are hardheaded. I know - my dad and mom are from Texas...

Philski (back after a long hiatus from rec.woodworking)

Now that is funny. Leave it up to a Texan to find a solution, perhaps not
one that every one would agree with or do but they get the job done.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 2, 4:03*am, "
wrote:

Most have never been here, and they aren't really sure why, but they
many seem to have strong, negative, vocal opinions they simply must
share.

I have been to Texas, but only to Temple, Beaumont, and Dallas. The
Temple crowd was mostly a bunch of arrogant assholes although a few of
the middle management folk were pretty decent people. The Dallas crew
was alright and the Beaumont crowd was a hoot. Most shut up when I
quoted a few oil numbers that we as Canadians produce and export to
the US. And I think it may be an 'oil' thing, because I ran into
similar attitudes in Western Canada (Alberta) as I did in Temple. The
thing that got the best result was the casual mention that we're the
second biggest country in the world, and that Texas was not in first
place. G

Strange, too. *You would think listening to them that we Texans
would be the judgmental folks with big mouths ready to **** blast
anyone within range about another's State. *Never met more
opinionated, judgmental folks in my life (except in Dallas) than when
I left the borders here.

I don't think Texas has an edge on assholes, it's just that the world
has been looking at the biggest one for about 8 years. He has done for
the Texas image what he has done for anything else he touched. Ruined
it.
So Texas has some recovering to do; some damage control.

Then there are a couple who think Canadians are second class citizens,
but they haven't been here either.

As a young lad, we used to tell jokes about Belgians. Then, when I was
in Belgium, they told Dutch jokes. I was young at the time, but I 'got
it'. People's own farts don't stink.

------------
The two Belgian bank-robbers had it all figured out. They'd break into
the bank under the cover of darkness, and make their escape by
stealing a bus from the bus depot. After the break-in, they walked
across to the depot. One stayed with the loot, the other went to steal
a bus. That took a loooong time. When he finally came roaring out of
the depot, his partner in crime climbed on board and asked him why it
took so long. Hs buddy explained that most of the busses said
'Antwerp' on them, and they weren't going there.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Mar 2, 4:03 am, "
wrote:

I don't think Texas has an edge on assholes, it's just that the world
has been looking at the biggest one for about 8 years.

SPEW-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W !!!! [coffee running out both fingerholes!]

He has done for
the Texas image what he has done for anything else he touched. Ruined
it.
So Texas has some recovering to do; some damage control.

Then there are a couple who think Canadians are second class citizens,
but they haven't been here either.

As a young lad, we used to tell jokes about Belgians. Then, when I was
in Belgium, they told Dutch jokes. I was young at the time, but I 'got
it'. People's own farts don't stink.

We tell Aggie jokes [sorry, Swing] but many of those are just retooled
Polish jokes.

Dave in H-town

------------
The two Belgian bank-robbers had it all figured out. They'd break into
the bank under the cover of darkness, and make their escape by
stealing a bus from the bus depot. After the break-in, they walked
across to the depot. One stayed with the loot, the other went to steal
a bus. That took a loooong time. When he finally came roaring out of
the depot, his partner in crime climbed on board and asked him why it
took so long. Hs buddy explained that most of the busses said
'Antwerp' on them, and they weren't going there.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message
wrote in message
Hmmm.... sounds like a spew from a denizen of the lesser states...

Possibly, the attitude of superiority from Texans? You just did it
yourself
by calling other states "lesser", maybe unconsciously, but still done
nevertheless.

Good observation but all but one state are smaller than Texas. LOL

I don't know any Texans much less anybody from the US that I knew was
American, so all I can do is voice how it appears to me as an outside
observer.

A funny observation, my wife, son and I visited her relatives in Burlington,
Ontario in 1998. We went in our Pickup badged with our Texas plates. We
first visited her aunt in Buffalo, not the one in Texas, proceeding from
there she drove her car with my wife on board to lead to us to her sisters
house in Burlington. The experience I had and the experience the border
guard had should have been filmed and shown on one of the Funniest Video
shows on TV.
The border guard must have been in his early 20's and was very wise, ;~) to
us Texans, especially the ones driving pick up trucks.
When we went through the border crossing my wife and her aunt just scooted
on through. My ten year son and I were stopped and "questioned". LOL

What is your business in Canada? How long are you staying?

Do you know what the Canada's policy is, concerning guns being brought in
across the border?
My comment was, YOU don't like guns and don't allow them. That apparently
was the wrong answer. The question was asked again and I kinda snickered
out loud. The result from that response was a memorized quote about a
specific law concerning gun trafficking across the border. I nodded my head
and the border guard then asked If I was bringing in a gun or guns. I
responded, No, with a smile. I was hiding sumthin and he could smell the
fear! He repeated the memorized quote again and asked if I was bringing in
a gun or guns again. I was finally started to realize this young feller was
serious or trying to be because he would almost always grin at my answers.
Apparently I was not giving the answers that the training course had taught
or my Texas accent was throwing him.

Finally he said don't get caught with guns here in Canada and told me to
proceed to the covered parking area up ahead on the left. I said thank you
and proceeded into Canada. As I approached the covered area I saw uniformed
personnel disassembling vehicles and spreading their parts out all over the
grounds. I veered to the right, caught up with my wife and aunt and chose
not to go to the covered parking area to have my new truck disassembled. No
police chase or arrests occurred involving me and we went on our merry way.

Visiting the aunt in Burlington was fun and uneventful but it was later
revealed that her daughter who came to also visit and meet the "Texas
relatives" commented, "they were OK, not strange or what at I expected.
She was a hoot, eh! We thoroughly enjoyed the visit and put to rest all the
preconceived notions about their relatives from Texas.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave in Houston wrote:

We tell Aggie jokes [sorry, Swing] but many of those are just retooled
Polish jokes.

Heh - it's been a while, but at the last really good Polish bash I went
to (pre-glasnost/peristroika, in Chicago) the Poles were telling Russian
jokes, and they pretty much sounded like the Italian and Irish jokes I'd
heard in New York.

I kinda had to wonder if they didn't start out as Greek, Persian, or
Egyptian jokes...

:-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave in Houston wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Mar 2, 4:03 am, "
wrote:

I don't think Texas has an edge on assholes, it's just that the world
has been looking at the biggest one for about 8 years.

SPEW-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W !!!! [coffee running out both
fingerholes!]
He has done for
the Texas image what he has done for anything else he touched. Ruined
it.
So Texas has some recovering to do; some damage control.

Then there are a couple who think Canadians are second class citizens,
but they haven't been here either.

As a young lad, we used to tell jokes about Belgians. Then, when I was
in Belgium, they told Dutch jokes. I was young at the time, but I 'got
it'. People's own farts don't stink.

We tell Aggie jokes [sorry, Swing] but many of those are just
retooled Polish jokes.

A fellow from India told me once that in India they tell Sikh jokes. Seems
to happen everywhere. Wish I could remember one of 'em.

Dave in H-town

------------
The two Belgian bank-robbers had it all figured out. They'd break into
the bank under the cover of darkness, and make their escape by
stealing a bus from the bus depot. After the break-in, they walked
across to the depot. One stayed with the loot, the other went to steal
a bus. That took a loooong time. When he finally came roaring out of
the depot, his partner in crime climbed on board and asked him why it
took so long. Hs buddy explained that most of the busses said
'Antwerp' on them, and they weren't going there.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 2, 7:59*am, "Leon" wrote:

Why would you apologize?

I did not want to explain that there really was no Easter Bunny. *;~)

Alright now... you keep it up and there will be questions about Santa
Claus as well.

As the kids say, "let's not go there".

Can I get a "yee-haw!"

;^)

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 2, 9:45*am, Morris Dovey wrote:
Dave in Houston wrote:
* * We tell Aggie jokes [sorry, Swing] but many of those are just retooled
Polish jokes.

Heh - it's been a while, but at the last really good Polish bash I went
to (pre-glasnost/peristroika, in Chicago) the Poles were telling Russian
jokes, and they pretty much sounded like the Italian and Irish jokes I'd
heard in New York.

I kinda had to wonder if they didn't start out as Greek, Persian, or
Egyptian jokes...

Indeed, as there are no Jewish jokes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 2, 10:50*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Dave in Houston wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Mar 2, 4:03 am, "
wrote:

[...]

For those you need a sikh sense of humour.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Mar 2, 7:59 am, "Leon" wrote:

Why would you apologize?

I did not want to explain that there really was no Easter Bunny. ;~)

Alright now... you keep it up and there will be questions about Santa
Claus as well.

As the kids say, "let's not go there".

Can I get a "yee-haw!"

;^)

Robert

Yeeeee- Hawwwwwwwwww!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave in Houston" wrote

We tell Aggie jokes [sorry, Swing] but many of those are just retooled
Polish jokes.

Yep ... except for the official Aggie hurricane evacuation route out of
Houston:

610 Loop.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Dave in Houston" wrote

We tell Aggie jokes [sorry, Swing] but many of those are just retooled
Polish jokes.

Yep ... except for the official Aggie hurricane evacuation route out of
Houston:

610 Loop.

LOL, Hilda calls that I-610

In all seriousness, the quickest way to get people out of Houston is to
build 3,000,000 rooms 50 miles out side the loop. Then there will actually
be some where to for them go and stay.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 1, 10:02*am, "Leon" wrote:
Due to the popularity of the "Survivor" shows, Texas is planning to do one
entitled, "Survivor, Texas-Style."

The contestants will all start in Dallas , then drive to Waco , Austin , San
Antonio , over to Houston, then down to
Brownsville . They will then proceed up to Del Rio , El Paso , Midland ,
Odessa , Lubbock , and Amarillo .
From there they will go on to Abilene , Fort Worth , and, finally, back to
Dallas .
Each will be driving a pink Volvo with bumper stickers that read:
"I'm Gay,"
"I Love the Dixie Chicks,"
"Boycott Beef,"
"I Voted for Obama,"
"George Strait Sucks,"
"Hillary in 2012," and
"I'm here to confiscate your guns."
The first one to make it back to Dallas alive, wins.

WOW Leon - you sure nuff know how to start a political war on the
wreck! LOL! Didn't we talk about this when I lived in Texas? MORE
LOL! And to think I missed the wreck that much. Just forgot some of
the fun that goes on here. I'd seen this before and thinks it's as
funny as ever. Having lived in Texas for 21+ years, it gives me the
right to laugh. For those of you who don't thanks for the extra
chuckle. Come on guys - it's a joke. Is it politically correct?
Probably not . . . but then again take a look at Washington and let me
know everything there is "politically correct" as well. Right on Leon
- Paul Harvey passed away . . . keep the tongue-in-cheek humor alive!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:

Regardless, I don't care who you are, if you show aggression towards
law enforcement you are pretty much asking for it. this is pretty
much common sense. It may not be right that they went after her but
they are only human, like her.

While agreeing with everything you say, I'm still mindful of the fact
that it was a 15 year old girl, that there were two trained officers,
and that it's pretty much unnecessary to pin someone down and THEN
beat them to maintain physical control.

It's obvious you've never been a law enforcement officer! It is ever so much
easier to beat someone when they are pinned down. For several reasons, but
mainly because it's harder for them to escape. If someone is standing when
you whack them with your flashlight, they'll often just run away and, well,
there you are.

If you study these videos, from Rodney King up to this girl, you'll note
that the beatee is almost always on the ground.

It's your basic police training kicking in (pardon the pun).

Sometimes we're obliged to prove our humanity by exercising adult
judgment and self-control, /especially/ in situations like that shown.

It's obvious you've never been a law enforcement officer! As a cop, you
check your humanity at the door of the precinct house. The lion tamer
doesn't deliver Valentine's day chocolates to the big cats, the snake
charmer doesn't engage in meaningful dialog with the Cobra. The plumber
usually puts on hip boots when down in the sludge pit and a good description
for a cop-job is "solid waste disposal." You've got to treat these non-human
hazards in an appropriate way or they will kill you.

Don't believe me? Check this: Teenagers (well, up to about 20) kill more
people than all other age groups combined.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave in Houston wrote:
We tell Aggie jokes [sorry, Swing] but many of those are just
retooled Polish jokes.

Heh - it's been a while, but at the last really good Polish bash I
went to (pre-glasnost/peristroika, in Chicago) the Poles were
telling Russian jokes, and they pretty much sounded like the Italian
and Irish jokes I'd heard in New York.

I kinda had to wonder if they didn't start out as Greek, Persian, or
Egyptian jokes...

Indeed, as there are no Jewish jokes.

Wanna bet? Very many comedians are Jewish. Here's 193
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish_comedians

As for Jewish jokes, well:

What's a JAP's (Jewish American Princess) favorite wine? "I wanna go to
Miami!"
How can you tell when a JAP has an orgasm? She drops her nail-file.
---
Rabbi: "Of course you can pray in jeans and a t-shirt. You just can't pray
HERE in jeans and a t-shirt."
---
Man is walking through the Irish countryside when a bandit jumps from the
bushes with a gun. The bandit says: "Be ye Protestant or be ye Catholic?"

The man, thinking quickly, says "Uh, I'm Jewish!"

The bandit grins and says: "Begorrah! I be the luckiest Arab in all of
Ireland!"
---
During a play in an old Yiddish theater, an actor collapses on the stage. A
doctor runs up and kneels beside him. From the back of the balcony a
Yiddisha-momma voice calls out: "Give him an enema!"

The doctor listens to the actor's heart, stands, and shakes his head. From
the back of the balcony: "GIVE HIM AN ENEMA!"

The doctor shouts back: "Madam, the actor is DEAD!"

Same voice from the balcony, but a little more meekly, "So, it can't
hurt..."
---
Two Jews meet at a furniture convention.
Moshie: "So, how's business?"
Arnie: "Good. Last year we had a fire in our Brooklyn warehouse. But we had
insurance. Everthing is fine now."
Moshie: "Same here. Last year we had a hurricane that wiped out our Miami
warehouse, but insurance covered everthing."
Arnie: "...So... how do you have a hurricane?"
---
A rabbi and his Catholic priest friend take a tumble in their golf cart. As
the priest picks himself up, he sees his rabbi friend genuflecting! "Praise
be to Jesus, you've seen the light!" says the priest. "No," responds the
rabbi, "I was just checking my wallet, my watch, my spectacles, and my
testicles."
---
I got a million of 'em.

Posted to rec.woodworking

HeyBub wrote:

snippage of Judean adaptations

I think all of those were brought back from either Egypt or Babylon.

:-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
by calling other states "lesser", maybe unconsciously, but still done
nevertheless.

Good observation but all but one state are smaller than Texas. LOL

No you don't! A valiant attempt, but you're not exempting "lesser" that
easily.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Due to the popularity of the "Survivor" shows, Texas is planning to do one
entitled, "Survivor, Texas-Style."

The contestants will all start in Dallas , then drive to Waco , Austin , San
Antonio , over to Houston, then down to
Brownsville . They will then proceed up to Del Rio , El Paso , Midland ,
Odessa , Lubbock , and Amarillo .
From there they will go on to Abilene , Fort Worth , and, finally, back to
[...]

OMG, take a joke.

Although, I have to say, with the possible exception of Austin, the
tone of the joke is dead on. And I've been there a lot.

Now, I grew up in NYC, so if I can't take a joke about my home turf I
would be in big trouble. And NY is, as we all know, the center of the
universe.

-Jim
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Due to the popularity of the "Survivor" shows, Texas is planning to do one
entitled, "Survivor, Texas-Style."

The contestants will all start in Dallas , then drive to Waco , Austin , San
Antonio , over to Houston, then down to
Brownsville . They will then proceed up to Del Rio , El Paso , Midland ,
Odessa , Lubbock , and Amarillo .
From there they will go on to Abilene , Fort Worth , and, finally, back to
[...]

I got into a cab in NYC and asked the driver for the time. He snarkily
said: "You mean NOW??"