HORNNUMB2

Default tablesaw outfeed table

can I use some MDF covered in formica? Thanks Michael
Rob V

No - you must use specified outfeed table material.
Its all covered in the FAQ.

Dude - use what ever you want to use.
As long as its flat and sticks out behind your tablesaw your good to go.

"HORNNUMB2" wrote in message
can I use some MDF covered in formica? Thanks Michael

Stephen M

Absolutely.

"HORNNUMB2" wrote in message
can I use some MDF covered in formica? Thanks Michael

Bob Jones

I used melamine. Probably lighter, cheaper, and comes in wider pieces.

"HORNNUMB2" wrote in message
can I use some MDF covered in formica? Thanks Michael

Pat Barber

You mean like this ???

http://home.att.net/~mboceanside/wsb...ID-639331.html

Yes... you may.

HORNNUMB2 wrote:

can I use some MDF covered in formica? Thanks Michael

John Crea

Yes, and get a longer wearing, tougher table top than with the
melamine

John

On 27 Jan 2004 20:52:10 GMT, (HORNNUMB2) wrote:

can I use some MDF covered in formica? Thanks Michael

John Crea

Melamine is just MDF with a lightweght thermofused later on the top
and bottom. Not going to be any lighter than the same size and
thickness MDF

John

"HORNNUMB2" wrote in message
can I use some MDF covered in formica? Thanks Michael

Unisaw A100

Yes
Unisaw A100

John Crea wrote:
Melamine is just MDF with a lightweght thermofused later on the top
and bottom.

I'm not sure where you're finding melamine with an MDF core
but you're more than likely to find particleboard being used
for the substrate.

Not going to be any lighter than the same size and
thickness MDF

Unless it isn't an MDF core.

UA100
JackD

I think that typically it is more like particle board than MDF.
I have never seen any melamine that is equivalent in density to MDF.
Maybe it exists somewhere...

-Jack

"HORNNUMB2" wrote in message
can I use some MDF covered in formica? Thanks Michael

Bridger

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:39:06 -0800, "JackD" wrote:

I think that typically it is more like particle board than MDF.
I have never seen any melamine that is equivalent in density to MDF.
Maybe it exists somewhere...

-Jack

i often get MDF core melamine-

but only in the 1/4" thickness.