Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Re hearing protection....Kevin

I have a slight case of tinnitus, so a loud noise can increase the ringing?
I just flew back to the Mideast, from the US, after the flight it seemed
the ringing was louder, but has returned to normal.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Yes.

And, if you check your hearing, you will probably find that the
tinnitus indicates a loss of hearing acuity.

Cherish and protect the hearing you've got, cause hearing aids are NO
fun.

Old Guy
Who wears two, and still misses the punch line on jokes.

On Jan 18, 2:24*am, "Rick Samuel"
wrote:
*I have a slight case of tinnitus, so a loud noise can increase the ringing?
*I just flew back to the Mideast, from the US, after the flight it seemed
the ringing was louder, but has returned to normal.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
I have a slight case of tinnitus, so a loud noise can increase the
ringing?
I just flew back to the Mideast, from the US, after the flight it seemed
the ringing was louder, but has returned to normal.

I've taken to wearing noise canceling head phones while traveling to cut the
wind/engine/rail/fan/road noise. I also wear them while on the computer,
which I use as a DVR, as I can turn the volume way down and eliminate the
fan and other background noises. At times I wear the noise canceling
headphones while traveling even if I'm not listening to anything (e.g., CD,
movie, etc.) simply to kill the noise.

All the "noise" I've encountered over the years has left me with some
ringing. I'm sure shooting without hearing protection as a kid didn't
help--when I got hearing protection I was the only one I knew who had it. I
always use it in the shop.

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

John Grossbohlin wrote:

.... snip

I'm sure shooting without hearing protection as a kid didn't
help--

Yep, and driving tractors. My high-frequency hearing is not very good,
drives SWMBO nuts. "Do you hear that cricket? It's driving me crazy!"
me: "What cricket?"
or, "Don't you hear the engine pinging?" me: "What pinging?"

... ad infinitum

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
John Grossbohlin wrote:

... snip

I'm sure shooting without hearing protection as a kid didn't
help--

Yep, and driving tractors. My high-frequency hearing is not very good,
drives SWMBO nuts. "Do you hear that cricket? It's driving me crazy!"
me: "What cricket?"
or, "Don't you hear the engine pinging?" me: "What pinging?"

Yeah... guns, tractors, motorcycles, snow mobiles, hammering nails,
compressor driven jack hammers, various power tools, and rock 'n roll all
did their share of damage before hearing protectors and noise canceling
headphones came into regular use. ;~) Note that my sons don't have to be
told to put on the hearing protection and safety glasses... it's part of the
routine as is wearing a helmet while mountain biking.

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks for the imput. Yes, I do wear hearing protectors in the shop. Will
start using them when flying also.

Hearing protection Lowell Holmes Woodworking 43 January 28th 09 05:23 PM
When it comes to purchasing safety gear there is a good chance youare look for the best protection that meets your budget as well as FDAstandard for sanitation and security. There are many companies that will offeryou a complete protection from your [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 19th 08 09:25 PM
Hearing Protection? J T Woodworking 0 October 17th 06 09:35 PM
Hearing Protection? Steve Woodworking 7 October 17th 06 04:06 PM
Hearing Protection Maskman Woodworking 51 December 7th 04 03:16 PM